Bighorn - Mystery Light

CDRSULLY

New Bighorn 3570RS owner, new the forum and to the club. There is an amber light on the frame behind the entry steps of our BH. Asked the dealer how to turn it on, what's it for, they had no answer. Can any one shed some "light on the subject"

Thanks

AKDallBH

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Mystery Light

It's purpose is to illuminate the step treads at night. On my 2008 bighorn, there are manual switches for it on the steps just inside the door. A bit of a pain if you are inside already, but nice if if you are leaving the camper before you close the door.

Oregon_Camper

should be a switch on your first inside step (going to bedroom). it will turn on that light, which will illuminate the stairs at night.

Gaffer

It should be on the coach remote. There is no switch.

Gaffer

Welcome to Heartland. You are close to Jackson and Sparks. Come to a rally. They are a blast.

Oregon_Camper

It should be on the coach remote. There is no switch.

Perhaps on yours there is no switch, but there is on mine, it controls the light for the stairs.

See images below...one with the switch on the stairs "on" and one with the switch "off".

2015-04-14 10.34.52.jpg 2015-04-14 10.35.02.jpg

Last edited:

CDRSULLY

Thanks to all who replied, when I get my coach back from the dealership, in 2-3 weeks I will try the remote. Thanks again to all.
Don