Bighorn problems. ELECTRICAL PROB. FOUND!

wareagle

Re: Bighorn problems.

Dear RodS and MSlater, I took the 50 amp cable apart as you suggested and there it was as you suspected. The ground wire looked like whoever stripped the insulation back had cut the ground wire completely off at the insulation strip back length. It was impossible to make the ground wire to it's receptacle as it was so much shorter than the others. I then cut all the wires to the same length, stripped them and the cable insulation back proportionately. My wife and I wrestled the wires back to their color coded receptacles and presto no more leakage to the ground. Thank you all for your great input with this problem. One less Heartland and the dealer will have to deal with on Tuesday.

jimtoo

Hi wareagle,,,, Thanks for posting what you found the problem to be. I'm sure it will help others.

Jim M

rod_s

I'm glad I used my first post on this form to successfully help you and others with this issue. We hope to become Big Horn owners at the Pittsburgh RV show in January.

iawoody2

We have similar experience we our new Sundance. A list of about 26 things to be done. All of them should have been caught and done at the factory. Needed new trim around 2 windows, new bedroom door, new table top, and lots of just cosmetic things. The dealer has been great and we will be inspecting it Monady and hopefully taking it home, after being at the dealer 11 weeks.

I agree completely with the concers about QC at the factory. The list of defects on my 2014 Landmark was 28 items long. They ranged from the standard tv antenna that won't turn because of too much sealant to an anti siphon valve that was sawed off to a terrible job filling nail holes to closet rods put in the wrong place to multiple problems with the carpet to a roof access ladder that was not properly attached to... Well, the list just goes on. My thought is that my coach just slipped through the QC process because if all Heartland products were delivered the way mine was Heartland would be out of business. But since Heartlands business is doing very well I must assume that the problems with my coach are the exception, not the rule. I suggest you keep the pressure on both the dealer and heartland and don't stop until everything is fully repaired to your complete satisfaction.

jimtoo

I'm glad I used my first post on this form to successfully help you and others with this issue. We hope to become Big Horn owners at the Pittsburgh RV show in January.

Thanks rod-s,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. It's sharing knowledge gained by previous experience with a problem that makes for a great forum and great friends. Wareagle or someone could have been seriously hurt if they had not had help with suggestions in finding the problem.

Thanks again for your help and hope to see you in a Heartland.

Jim M