Bighorn Sighting US 69 OK Northbound

dlw930

Spotted a pretty new Bighorn headed north on US 69 south of Muskogee, OK Sunday Jan. 17 in the early afternoon. I think it had an HOC plaque mounted up high on the rear ladder, but wasn't sure since I was southbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

Those Poor people - 69/75 in Oklahoma.. WORST - ROAD - EVER! - Especially if your in a Long bed Crew Cab.. YIKES!!!

dlw930

OK had replaced or overlaid the concrete with asphalt in a few areas so It's a bit better than it was a year or two ago, but it still has some mean stretches, especially around Lake Eufala. It was rough for me and I wasn't even towing this trip.

BLHFUN

That's Good to hear. I drove from Big Cabin (I-44) to Plano a few years back in a 1 Ton Dually (not towing) and Felt like I was having Kidney Failure. They did have several places under construction and I hope it get's fixed. By far the fastest way to Texas from here.

Kbvols

Those Poor people - 69/75 in Oklahoma.. WORST - ROAD - EVER! - Especially if your in a Long bed Crew Cab.. YIKES!!!

I was on this road last week. Our flight was cancelled at 10pm in Dallas rented a car drove to NW Ark at 1 or 2 am I didn't mind the roads the bumping kept me awake...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlw930

That's Good to hear. I drove from Big Cabin (I-44) to Plano a few years back in a 1 Ton Dually (not towing) and Felt like I was having Kidney Failure. They did have several places under construction and I hope it get's fixed. By far the fastest way to Texas from here.

We travel from DFW to MO and points east 2 or 3 times a year to see family in St Charles and relatives near Rolla (my childhood home). I had written 69/75 off as a possible route when towing our 5er, but this trip gives me reason to reconsider. As you say, it's quite a bit shorter than other routes, even with all the signal lights.