Bighorn Silverado 36tg R Ratings/Full-time Use

Sandee

We are researching fifth wheels and are considering the Bighorn Silverado 36tg as an option. I did notice however, that the R ratings for this model could be better and wondered if anyone has camped in pretty cold/hot temps and did alright. Also, we would be buying for full-time use and wonder if there are any others who are full-timing in this model and how it has done. TIA!

jimtoo

Hi Sandee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm some of our other members will jump in soon with their opinions. I'm sure you can order the unit with the Yetti package for extra protection in cold weather. I would also order the dual pane windows, fire place and upgrade the tires to the G rated, unless it comes with them.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

In my opinion a Silverado is more of a stripped down Big Horn. I don't think it is intended for full-time use. Whereas a Big Horn has way better insulation, many more available options such as dual pane windows and a Yetti cold weather package which will make it much more suitable for cold and extreme hot weather use. The Big Horn will also be warrantied for full-time use whereas the Silverado isn't. I know what choice I would make...Don