Bike Rack

SMDAT

Terry! Pretty cool set-up! First I've seen like this...I'm trying to work out a 360# Scooter carrier on the back of my 5vr (without the extra trailer). We love it for short distance running around and would hate to get rid of it...but not a lot of responses from forum members...so not sure if it's safe.

caissiel

I build a bike rack 12 years ago, it fits on a 2x2 trailer hitch receiver on the rear of my trailer, In all this time I have been just tying the wheels on the rack with bunggies. When we take the bikes on the road with the truck I just mount the rack on the truck hitch. No way I will lift my bikes more then 2 feet to mount on the 5th wheel hitch and pull my back putting in the back of the truck. On the 5th wheel hitch I carry and mount my Dish (Express View) Satelite dish, and lately also the Hughes Internet satelite dish. If my trailer does not point south I hook them on the rear hitch. I read somewhere that the roof mounted satelite dishes will be obsoleted when TV uses the KA signal. I will be ready for any dish they will dish out. On front or back I have about 120Deg sweep. Trees are the only obsticles, If they are I the way I just use my 5th wheel as a weight and lay the the rack on the ground.

caissiel

Here are the pics, its my first try at it not sure its the right way

Attachments

• Pin Satelite Holder.jpg
    Pin Satelite Holder.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Pin Satelite Holder Frame.jpg
    Pin Satelite Holder Frame.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 197
  • Pin Satelite Holder side.jpg
    Pin Satelite Holder side.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Hitch Detail View.jpg
    Hitch Detail View.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Bikes on Rack.jpg
    Bikes on Rack.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 212
  • Bikes on Rack 2.jpg
    Bikes on Rack 2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Bikes on Rack Side.jpg
    Bikes on Rack Side.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Bike Held With Bungiies.jpg
    Bike Held With Bungiies.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 168

aatauses

We looked at all sorts of arrangements and decided to put our bikes on top of our truck. We purchased yakima mounts and the bikes ride just fine while towing and when we take a side trip the mounts are already on the truck so boost up the bikes and go (nothing to change from the BH to the truck).
aatauses

caissiel

Well thats great. there is all kinds ways . My next move is to try to place our kayak on the truck, My last trailer was lower so I kept them on the roof. But the kayak we have now is 16ft and will extend forward. I have seen some this was specialy canoes. Will see.

rick_debbie_gallant

What is great for us is a device that is bolted to a 12" x 12" piece of stair tread. Entertainment center is brought in. 12 x 12 set on floor. The front wheels come off the bikes. Bikes go in the trailer and the vront forks are clamped into said device, Staggered. The rear wheels are padded and are wedged between the recliner/rockers. sofa/dining slide brought in and we are all set. Bikes are out of the weather and dont move at all in the 5er. Will try and post pic.:D