Black tank flush issue

AngelaR

I ran into an issue on our madien voyage of our Fuel 323. At the end of our trip we were getting ready to flush the black tank and notice our trailer belly starting to fill up with water and leak out in wrong areas. We pulled the access panel off through the storage compartment to see what exactly was leaking and discovered a red water pipe not connected to anything. At least we discovered the source of the water. Water definitely was coming out only when we turned on the black tank flush. I’ll attach a picture of the hose not connected to anything. Water was coming out of said hose and filling the belly of the trailer. I’m hoping someone can tell me where this pipe is supposed to go. I wish the quality control crew could’ve caught this mistake. It would have saved me quite the headache.
Thanks for any help or advice.

Attachments

• F1ADDECA-F2A3-4130-BE59-EF52D0A233EB.jpeg
    F1ADDECA-F2A3-4130-BE59-EF52D0A233EB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51

david-steph2018

Look at the tank flush installed in the side of your black tank, but since it is red, assuming hot water, it may not connect to the tank flush.
When you "turned on the black tank flush". where did you turn it on? The black tank flush should be a single connect port and it only goes to the tank flush.

AngelaR

We screwed the hose into the tank flush valve and turned the water on and water started coming out of the red pipe that isn’t connected to anything. I, too, was shocked because I thought red usually meant hot water. None of it made sense.

AngelaR

We screwed the hose into the tank flush valve and turned the water on and water started coming out of the red pipe that isn’t connected to anything. I, too, was shocked because I thought red usually meant hot water. None of it made sense.
I will try and see if I can figure out if I can find the tank flush on the side of the black tank.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The color of the PEX is meaningless when installed by untrained floor sweepers at the plant. When my ASV failed and flooded the interior floor, the lines were red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelaR

The color of the PEX is meaningless when installed by untrained floor sweepers at the plant. When my ASV failed and flooded the interior floor, the lines were red.

It sounds like we have a similar issue. How did you solve your issue? I just can’t figure out where this “red” PEX is supposed to be connected too. It travels up into the floor the same as the “blue” PEX that the tank flush valve is connected to.

Attachments

• 20E8B687-312A-4EBD-BA9B-14EB5113050C.jpeg
    20E8B687-312A-4EBD-BA9B-14EB5113050C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40

Roller4tan

That may go to the shower valve or the bath sink faucets. In the shower there may be a round disc to turn and remove to check the connections, if not there look under the bath sink.

JohnDar

When you run the flusher, does water come out of that red pipe? With the rig we had, the ASV was in a blind wall cavity behind the toilet, not behind the shower wall access port. Where is the black tank relative to the photo?

AngelaR

When you run the flusher, does water come out of that red pipe? With the rig we had, the ASV was in a blind wall cavity behind the toilet, not behind the shower wall access port. Where is the black tank relative to the photo?

Yes, water comes out the red pipe when we run the flusher. The black tank is behind the red pipe in the shadows of the first picture I posted. I just don’t see how there is any way that pipe could even reach if it had to run over to the black tank and down into the floor. We have an appointment with a local dealer this week. Hurray for warranties…now let’s just hope we don’t have to cancel the rest of our summer. 🤞🏼

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you drop your rig off at the dealer keep in mind that it's pretty common for dealers to have it quite a while.
Rather than canceling your summer don't use the flusher, just flush through the toilet.
Drop it off after your camping season.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

If you drop the underbelly cover enough to get a look at the end of the black tank opposite the outlet to the sewer pipe, you might be able to fix it yourself. You might find it close to the side of the trailer.