Black Tank Flush Locations

Djknick

I recently bought a used 2013 Silverado 37QB. I love the layout and the second half bath. There are two black tanks; one for each bathroom. I found one black tank flush connection on the door side next to the rear door. When I used it, water came out under the inside kitchen drawers to the right of the oven. I am not sure it was actually working when I turned it on or if I had too much pressure.

So, I have couple questions.

Where is the second black tank wash out access, the one for the front tank? I looked on the UDC and there is an unlabeled access there. When the Camping World tech went through it with us he said it was for winterization. Looking behind the panel the hose from this inlet connects to the same line as the city water connection. After the service person from Heartland said it was the black tank cleanout I used it. Water was coming out of the underside of the bathroom sink so stopped.

Am I doing something wrong here? I can't even see if the cleanout is working because of the leaks that happen.

jimtoo

Hi Djknick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some help for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Moved to better area.

Last edited:

rxbristol

I had this problem with another rig. I bet that your backflow preventer is installed backwards. There have been a couple of instances, that I've heard of, that the tank flush not being connected at all. I'm not familiar with your rig, but normally the backflow valve is located at behind the shower or toilet area, closet, etc, but there should be an access point somewhere. If you find it, install a better variety like the Watts LF288A The one you probably have is similar in shape, but black.

Lucky828

I just had the same problem, we bought our 2011 North Trail about a month ago, noticed the black tank was empty, but not flushed. Hook up the hose and proceeded to flush it. Cam inside the trailer to a big puddle in the bathroom. Under the sink you will see this
41oR47gdwFL.jpg
mine was leaking so I replace it with this
414Vxbo-ITL.jpg
Its called a Swan San-T -Flush. 20 bucks on Amazon compared to 38 for the other.

Djknick

I appreciate your info. Thanks. I am also wondering if mine isn't connected right. Looking behind the UDC the hose from the back of the black tank flush inlet connects to the city water line after about 2 feet. I saw that it should be a dedicated line but maybe there is something I am no getting here?