Black Tank Flush

'Lil Guy'

We have the flush system on our rig with the hose connection on the outside of the unit. I have a hose on my dual outlet water pressure regulator that I use. The question is, would it be better to use full pressure when rinsing the black tank?
Since it is rinsing the inside of the tank and its sensors in the on position and doesn't have any restriction at the end, would it do better to let it go full blast? Don't want to blow any lines off in the coach. Thanks in advance.

Garypowell

For years I flushed with full hose pressure but for the last couple of years have used water through a regulator and dual filter system I have.

I really cannot tell the difference.

I think in reality these systems are simply a fancy way to fill the black tank to give a better woosh when you dump them.

In my first rig in '96 I used a plastic drinking cup that I cut the bottom out of to hold the toilet ball open and fill the tank fuller for flushing.....and other than having to step back into the RV to remove it.....I got equivalent performance.

danemayer

Hi Frank,

Using full campground pressure may prove to be a problem. If you happen to be at a campground that has water pressure > 100 psi, and you connect that to the black tank flush, you could blow out a fitting or damage the vacuum breaker behind the shower, causing a leak. The plumbing fittings and connections in your trailer are not intended for anything over 60 psi.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on what Dan said. I did it once at 110# pressure and had water running out the door and bottom of the BH. I tore the wall out to find a water line or the valve had exploded and found nothing. Moral of the story...it was just toooo much water pressure.

tomsws6

Sorry to bring this back but with my cyclone 4200 is the process the same when rinsing the tanks?

traveler44

i would go thru ure regulator,,,,,,,of course with a separate hose...
Can the black tank water back up through the hose? I thought that an overfill would go up through the toilet? I have used the same regulator and a splitter for years and I just wondered.

danemayer

Sorry to bring this back but with my cyclone 4200 is the process the same when rinsing the tanks?

If you have 2 black tanks, each with its own flush connection and separate drain valves, the process should be the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Can the black tank water back up through the hose? I thought that an overfill would go up through the toilet? I have used the same regulator and a splitter for years and I just wondered.

If you overfill the black tank, there will be upward pressure on the toilet, and water will rise up the vent pipe. Water will also be under pressure to go back through the spray head and vacuum breaker and potentially contaminate your drinking water. Best practice is to hook up to the black flush fitting with a separate, different color hose and a check valve.

wdk450

There is one or more check valves in the fresh water supply to the black tank flusher. There should be no reverse water flow in that line.

- - - Updated - - -

X2 on what Dan said. I did it once at 110# pressure and had water running out the door and bottom of the BH. I tore the wall out to find a water line or the valve had exploded and found nothing. Moral of the story...it was just toooo much water pressure.

Bob:
It sounds like you got stung by the "normal operation" clause described in bullet point #6 in this link: http://www.bandbmolders.com/files/The_Flusher2_Install_.pdf