black tank flush

danemayer

I have an ElkRidge 37ULTA with 2 black tanks installed. Since ownership I had not tried to use the Black Tank Flush until last weekend. When I connected the hose, opened the dump valve and turned the water on, nothing happens, no sounds of running water. I tried the same process on the other side of the rig and again no sounds of flowing water. There was pressure on the hose. I am wondering if the Anti Siphon Valves may be at issue, and if so is there an easy access to them? I'd hate to bring this in for repairs that some kid installed backwards. When able, I plan on providing images to help visualize locations of hose attaching points.

Opinions or thoughts?
The anti-siphon valve is frequently placed behind the shower faucet handles. On larger rigs, there's usually a round deck access plate that unscrews.

Here's the backside of a Landmark 365 shower and a Bighorn shower showing the round plate relative to shower connections and anti-siphon valve.

Attachments

• Anti Siphon Valve.jpg
    Anti Siphon Valve.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 78
  • shower access panel.jpg
    shower access panel.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 52
  • BH Black Tank Flush Anti Siphon Annotated.jpg
    BH Black Tank Flush Anti Siphon Annotated.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 87

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The anti-siphon valve is frequently placed behind the shower faucet handles. On larger rigs, there's usually a round deck access plate that unscrews.

Here's the backside of a Landmark 365 shower and a Bighorn shower showing the round plate relative to shower connections and anti-siphon valve.

That’s on some Bighorns, not all. That big rectangular cap is what was missing from mine when I pulled it out of the wall cavity (behind the toilet).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to thank you for responding. When I start digging into it further I'll be taking a pile of pictures.