Black water sensor

happycampernc

Our black water sensor is finally reading 0. DH fluhed the tank like 6 or 7 times and it finally got all the gunk out.

noobee

Don't sweat it! Rarely do the sensors that comes with the rig work properly. There are upgrade sensor system that supposedly do a better job. Also, the GEO Method of sanitizing some times helps.

We dump the black tank when the toilet burps. Also dump the other 2 at the same time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
After removing the underbelly and looking at the tanks, I can see why the sensors are hard to keep "clean". On ours, they are on the short wall of the tank, closest to the drain. The spray from the clean-out doesn't look like it hits the sensors directly.

E

happycampernc

We close the valve run the water in and fill the tank, drain and then redo until water runs clear at least twice.

traveler44

You might try dumping a toilet full and a couple of buckets full down the toilet once in a while after dumping the tank. This tends to loosen up the pile in the tank and dumping water down the toilet targets the problem pretty well because it is in line with what has been flushed down. Just drain the tank and leave the valve open then dump the water from the top so it washes out good and then hit it with the black tank flush and you will be surprised at how much more you will see comes out if you have a clear fitting on your drain. I usually don't worry too much about what the sensor shows but it is nice once in awhile to know that the tank really is completely empty.

RoadJunkie

I find that if you fill the toilet with water and do a quick flush--about 10 times--it really helps clean the "drop zone". The process of fully evacuating the tank is repetitive and, for me, takes about 20 minutes. I then follow with the kitchen drain and finally the shower/sink drain. I use the geo method and find it to be really effective.