Black Water Tank Valve Leaking

PhilPam

Tried everything I could think of to stop the leaking valve but no go so I decided to replace the Valve Cartridge with a new one. When I lowered the underpinning I found that one of the two belly bands for the black water tank was almost rusted through. Could ,not to find 2" wide strapping so installed three 3/4 inch standard plumbing straps instead. We hope this will be as strong as the original. The hardest part of valve replacement is working on the the underpinng/ belly covering. By the way we accidentally avoided a big smelly mess if the belly band broke while travelling.

Piperflyer

How old is your rig Phil and what kind of climate is your rig in mostly? Am curious as to how long I got before my straps rust out.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Have you owned the coach sense it was new ?
Did you have any leaks ?
Do you think it was just from your climate ?

Last and most curios about this one, Did you find what the problem was with the old valve after you got it out ?

PhilPam

Yes it is a 2012 Big Country 3595 bought in february 2012. We did not have any leaks that we are aware ofI am not sure because we have traveled in almost every state west of the mississippi and half of the states east of the mississippi river. And we also spend Jan. , Feb. and March in Florida. I found the band problem while replacing the cartridge in the black water tank drain valve.