Blade Fuses

Rodbuster

I opened up the compartment in the trailer that holds all of the breakers. I made myself a nice little sketch of how the breakers were laid out, how many amps that apply to that breaker and the item that that breaker is designated for.
Then I went on to do the same thing for the fuse compartment.
There is a fuse panel that holds 18 blade fuses. They are set up vertically... 1 through 18.

1) TV Booster / Closet 15amp
2) Ceiling Lights 15amp
3) Off Door Side 15amp
4) etc. etc.

All the way down to #15... which is ( Fans 15amp )
What I don't understand is number 16, number 17 and number 18. There is nothing labeled there to tell me what they belong to...but there is a 15 amp blade fuse in each one of them.

Does anybody know what they are for?
My 5th wheel is a 2012 Heartland Landmark (Key Largo)

Thank you
Rodbuster

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've got the same thing in my 2009 BH3670, 2 more fuses than labels. To make matters more confusing, the label is pasted over another one, and I can't read it or pry the new one off. Just have to wait until something doesn't work and figure out who's who.

View attachment 13965View attachment 13966

Rodbuster

Thank you John, for posting that picture. When I get back from New Hampshire in a few weeks, learning how to post pictures will be one of my projects.

The number 3 and the number 4 read "off door side" and "door side", do you know what they are for? (Lights, recepticals???)

One more question, the number 10 reads "Water Pump / Moniter" and calls for a 10amp fuse. I don't know what yours has, but mine has a 15amp fuse and also calls for a 10amp. Do you know why?

Thank you
Rodbuster
I just looked at yours a little closer and your # 10 fuse is red, so it must be a 10amp fuse. I wonder why they put a 15amp in mine.

brianharrison

The number 3 and the number 4 read "off door side" and "door side", do you know what they are for? (Lights, recepticals???)

Thank you
Rodbuster

I interpret my 12V panel labeling as an area - ie off door side is all the 12V things on that side of the trailer. If in doubt I pull the fuse and check which 12V device does not work; it helps nail down what is run off that fuse.

Recepticles are all 110V so would not be on your 12V panel.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Brian

brianharrison

One more question, the number 10 reads "Water Pump / Moniter" and calls for a 10amp fuse. I don't know what yours has, but mine has a 15amp fuse and also calls for a 10amp. Do you know why?

Thank you
Rodbuster
I just looked at yours a little closer and your # 10 fuse is red, so it must be a 10amp fuse. I wonder why they put a 15amp in mine.

It may be a generic label and possibly mislabeled for your newer landmark; the water pump in your unit may require the 15 amp and a 14 gauge wiring, John's may be a different pump and wiring size.

Can you determine the water pump model # and wire size at the pump? It is important to have the correct fuse in place, as this protects with wiring and pump.

I'll check my 2011 Landmark tonight and confirm the Shurflo model, fuse and wiring size, for another data point.

Take care,
Brian

pegmikef

I've got the same thing in my 2009 BH3670, 2 more fuses than labels.

My North Trail had one more fuse than labels so I took the cover off and found that the circuit was fused, but nothing was using the slot (no wire connected) so I think some drone just plugs in all the fuses after the fact filling all the slots. In my case it worked out well because I was in the process of adding a 12 volt outlet for my Endless Breeze 12 volt fan I use for boondocking.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The door side and off-door side fuses may be for the exterior lights. Hard to tell without actually pulling fuses and trying things. I'll have to take a look at the water pump and see what model/rating it is. The only time I use the pump is when I winterize or dewinterize the rig at the storage yard. We've always been on city water.