Blocking Outside Light on Bedroom Door

We just did a shake down cruise for our new 2015 North Trail 26LRSS model. We've had a Winnebago before but this is our first trailer. We had a bright light outside our RV at the park that lite up the bedroom during the nigt. We tried hooking a towel under the decorative trim over the door, but I was afraid the weight might pull it down. Any members have any suggestions for us? Thanks!!

jimtoo

Hi Ndallas75002,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Not sure what trim you talking about, but some of our other North Trail owners will jump in and give you some help soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've been facing the same issue with our Trail Runner, when the sun comes up in the morning.

Shines right in the face . . .

I found some small clear 'Command' stick on clips at the Walmart in Rifle, Colorado (during the HOC Fall Rally a couple of weeks ago) that I placed above the doors and a towel slides perfect into them and hangs over the window and blocks the light.

I'll try to take some photos of them tomorrow.

Cathy was at the local Walmart the other day and found a different 'Command' stick on with spring clips on them . . . will have to try them to see if they work better than the others.

pegmikef

100_3419.jpgwe had the same problem in our North Trail and my wife used some black out material to make a curtain that we just attached using a flat rod on the top and velcro on the bottom.

Attachments

• 100_3420.jpg
    100_3420.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 76

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Here are the shots I promised (sorry about the krappy cell shots):

IMG_20141005_090610230.jpg IMG_20141005_090833194.jpg IMG_20141005_090628220.jpg

I'm going to try putting a set directly on the door, but I don't think there is enough from between the screen door and outside door.

etcmss

you couldn't put the blackout material (sun shade) inside the window frame directly to the glass. it seems there should be enough room. Gary

Mizmary

I knitted a curtain for ours and used the velcro on the decorative trim to hold it up. It doesn't completely block light but it was fun to make and it does a decent job.