Blue LED light on front Cap?

Shadowchek

I changed my side lights on my 69 Camaro to blue years ago to be Kewl. It wasn't long before I was in court trying to defend them but they told me they were for emergency vehicles only. So I paid my fine changed them back to original had them inspected and that ended that little adventure. Oh and I am in California.

Greg

flamingknitter

If they are green/blue, maybe they are for night vision goggle operation. After a hard night of ATV'ing with goggles, you'll know which rig is yours?

Mike Aplin

You are all correct. These lights are for when a customer is hooking/unhooking their units as well as to be able to identify your unit while at the campground. In my video I call them running lights because I have had customers tell me that they do use them at night when they are running down the road. If this has caused any confusion, I apologize up front. These are not "officially" running lights, more decorative than anything. Thank you.

truknutt

Committed Member
Those customers must have had the amber lights like on my 2009. They aren't bright but man those blue ones of Gzo's...there's no way you could travel at night with them on unless you covered the rear window and your mirrors!!!

Forrest Fetherolf

You are all correct. These lights are for when a customer is hooking/unhooking their units as well as to be able to identify your unit while at the campground. In my video I call them running lights because I have had customers tell me that they do use them at night when they are running down the road. If this has caused any confusion, I apologize up front. These are not "officially" running lights, more decorative than anything. Thank you.

Heartland is violating the Indiana law building RV's is Elkhart, IN with blue lights.................................

IC 9-19-6-8
Clearance and marker lamps and reflectors; color displayed or reflected
Sec. 8. (a) A front clearance lamp, marker lamp, and reflector mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle must display or reflect an amber color.
(b) A rear clearance lamp, marker lamp, and reflector mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle must display or reflect a red color.
(c) A lighting device and reflector mounted on the rear of a vehicle must display or reflect a red color, except as follows:
(1) The stoplight or other signal device may be red, amber, or yellow.

Be careful with the blue lights.............illegal lights gives law enforcement cause to stop your vehicle, then they ask to see you drivers license (whch may not have the proper endorsement), then they want to get you weighed (many vehicles are over gross weight). Is it worth the risk?

Forrest

RnRCycloner

Those customers must have had the amber lights like on my 2009. They aren't bright but man those blue ones of Gzo's...there's no way you could travel at night with them on unless you covered the rear window and your mirrors!!!

My 2009 3950 has the blue led's and as Steve said they are bright..

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Red and blue lights displayed on the front are illegal in Texas too. Only red and amber on rear no blue. The photo almost makes those lights look like the super white lights. Some fog lights have that same blue/white look too.

bigredtruck

Remember though, that these very blue (not white) lights are not ON while you are driving. They just look like white lights when they are off. I can't see how that is illegal. And if you turned them on while driving, they would blind you in your mirrors.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A manufacturer that is putting blue lights on the front of any vehicle they build (unless they are building emergency vehicles is (in my opnion) irresponsible. If the lights are capable of being turned on and left on when the vehicle is in motion makes it illegal. It may look cool but a manufacturer's responsibility is build legal vehicles.

TNT

We have them on our 09 3210 Cyclone too. We were told at the dealer they were for assistance at night. We haven't had to use them, but my DH thinks they are kewl too!

Jay_B

We just got our '10 3210 about a month ago and also have the blue lights. I haven't really used them much, but they would help pick out you unit in a campground. We started our cross country trek (Calgary to Newfoundland and back) a bit ago and just pulled into a Walmart lot in Charlettown PEI last night where there were 18 other rigs pulled in for the night, including one Landmark.

I don't think the lights would be a bigger issue than the other lights on the trailer like the side and rear "scare" lights that would also be illegal if you left them on while on the road. I'm not sure the purposeof the blue lights, but infernos have a big emblemn that lights up on the front, perhaps this is heartlandsesponse to this.

We now have about 5000 km on the 3210 and the tires (front and rear axels especially) are wearing quite a bit. The unit really turns nice but it sure is hard on tires.

Jay.
2010 Cyclone 3210
2006 F-350 6.0