Removed panel to access valve
527b671066f89520afb07bfc679f4d00.jpg

Removed the shower fixture
a7b58697484c9cbd1c35c4a2f312f558.jpg

Connect water lines
2668edb46153b310d44ab421b4a43e5c.jpg

Shower tower done!
2daf165ac5efdd98cd1eb329fda4c745.jpg

This is probably not good for boondocking or those with limited water. I’m guessing my next addition with be a tankless water heater as I’m sure the DW will lament the lack of hot water after trying to take a 30 minute shower! Lol

Here’s a YouTube video my son put together
https://youtu.be/nx3pHWFK60c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

I did some reading on the tankless water heaters, and saw that they can get plugged pretty easily. And eat propane if used hard. As matter of fact jayco stopped offering them as an option because of so many issue's.

Thats quite a shower system.

MagnoliaTom

I did some reading on the tankless water heaters, and saw that they can get plugged pretty easily. And eat propane if used hard. As matter of fact jayco stopped offering them as an option because of so many issue's.

Thats quite a shower system.

Not completely accurate. Jayco does offer tankless water heaters as an option. In fact, a buddy with the same trailer but a year newer has the Girard tankless in his. His has the Girard 2. Secret is to set the hot temperature at what you like for a shower and only use hot water. If someone likes a colder shower, reduce the temperature on the tankless not the tap.

As far as getting plugged, he hasn’t complained of that yet. He doesn’t use any more propane than I do since he’s not constantly keeping 10 gallons of water hot.

mlpeloquin

The only other question is what is the required flow rate? Currently with a filters in line and 1/2" plumbing at 43psi, I have around 5gpm.

MagnoliaTom

The only other question is what is the required flow rate? Currently with a filters in line and 1/2" plumbing at 43psi, I have around 5gpm.

I believe the flow rate is 2.5 gpm. With your setup I’d say you’d have excellent pressure

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Tom,

How do you like the tankless so far, and have you noticed a drastic increase in propane use or is it still too new to know?

Rod

MagnoliaTom

Tom,

How do you like the tankless so far, and have you noticed a drastic increase in propane use or is it still too new to know?

Rod

I haven’t had a chance to use it while camping yet. I just installed it yesterday so it’s too new to know for sure but I have a buddy with one (same trailer too) and he doesn’t seem to complain about propane usage. Keep in mind that it doesn’t use propane unless the water is on so you’re not burning up propane keeping 10 gallons hot.

We typically use the CG power to keep the water hot via 110V and only switch on the gas to speed up recovery time when all the kids take showers so I’m interested to see if we end up using more propane than before.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I haven’t had a chance to use it while camping yet. I just installed it yesterday so it’s too new to know for sure but I have a buddy with one (same trailer too) and he doesn’t seem to complain about propane usage. Keep in mind that it doesn’t use propane unless the water is on so you’re not burning up propane keeping 10 gallons hot.

We typically use the CG power to keep the water hot via 110V and only switch on the gas to speed up recovery time when all the kids take showers so I’m interested to see if we end up using more propane than before.

Thanks! Keep us posted. I am thinking of doing the same thing, but was curious about the propane use.

Rod

Mike-n-Justina

Tom,
I really like the body spa you installed. Can you tell me what kind and model # it is and where you found it? Thanks

MagnoliaTom

jbeletti

Cool mods - thank you for sharing. Do you still own your Heartland?

I've had a couple Girards and the Suburban Nautilus. I prefer the Suburban. Seemed to be less finicky.

I've found the RV tankless water heaters to be pretty miserly on propane.

MagnoliaTom

Cool mods - thank you for sharing. Do you still own your Heartland?

I've had a couple Girards and the Suburban Nautilus. I prefer the Suburban. Seemed to be less finicky.

I've found the RV tankless water heaters to be pretty miserly on propane.

Thanks. No, I no longer own the Elkridge. I traded it in for the Jayco. I don’t believe Heartland had a mid bunk model at the time I traded in.