Bonded leather couchs

truenorth

I have 2014 Big Country 5th wheel and leather starting to peel off. Any one with similar problems? Ideas to stop peeling on other pieces of the set?

wrgrs50s

Both my swivel rockers cracked and peeled in little pieces. I finally had to replace them they looked so bad. My love seat is cloth but is tearing at the seams in multiple places. It's a shame that the furniture is so cheaply made.

GOTTOYS

My recliners were both leaning to one side. Replaced the cheap uncomfortable junk with a pair of Lazy Boys. Lived happily ever after. Cheap is cheap, there isn't much you can do to make it better except replace it...Don

jayc

Legendary Member
My recliner is also worn out. The finish has come off on the right arm (I use the armrest as a mouse pad for my computer) and on the headrest. I am trying to make up my mind on either Amish-made Lambright furniture or Lazy Boy.

Piperflyer

How long did it take for everybody's furniture to start wearing out? I'm full time and would like to know what to expect.....

carl.swoyer

Yes I searched and searched . Rv bonded furniture not worth the money. So I bought residential leather and reupholstered my chairs for the dinner table.
97bb90353a8e78ba64a292dcb85cfae9.jpg
ab70c5eaf7355c1a460549845e5c32f8.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Forgot to answer your question. Lol my cheap bonded was cracking just after two years. I did have to modify the front of the recliner by adding a block of wood to compensate for the offset on the slide floor. after adding the block of wood I put three Teflon sliders so the chair moves in and out with the slide. Carolina furniture had the best price.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My pleather has lasted well through 3 years of full-timing and over 5 years total with no cracking or peeling. A friends Bighorn furniture did what you all are stating and flaked off. Guess maybe we got ours from a different batch or supplier. No problems at all. Trace

danemayer

Our sofa has held up well for over 5 years. We gave away our OEM recliners in 2014 after selling our house. Now using our Ekornes Stressless Recliners from the house.