Brakes Wiring

I had 3 blowouts on our recent trip, one on the drivers side which was the worst lost the finder skirts and tore the wiring for the breaks out. The passenger side blowout took out all for the fender skirts and some of the trim around rear door, the last flat didn't tear up anything else. Tires had less the 8k on them, replaced all of the remaining tires, but still need help re-wiring the breaks.
The driver side blowout took out (cut) the wiring for the breaks. There are 2 wires coming from the RV and 3 wires coming from the hub. Does anyone know which wires goes to which?

Thanks

wdk450

Re: Breaks Wiring

I had 3 blowouts on our recent trip, one on the drivers side which was the worst lost the finder skirts and tore the wiring for the breaks out. The passenger side blowout took out all for the fender skirts and some of the trim around rear door, the last flat didn't tear up anything else. Tires had less the 8k on them, replaced all of the remaining tires, but still need help re-wiring the breaks.
The driver side blowout took out (cut) the wiring for the breaks. There are 2 wires coming from the RV and 3 wires coming from the hub. Does anyone know which wires goes to which?

Thanks

With something so important involved, lets get the spelling right - It's BRAKES, the vehicle stopping stuff, you are talking about. Normal wiring codes are blue for the braking voltage from the towing vehicle brake controller, and white for ground. According to what i have read on the internet, electric trailer brakes are not polarity sensitive, so you should be able to connect your axle hub wires either way to the brake and ground wires.

mlpeloquin

Re: Breaks Wiring

From what I have read at least on the fifth wheels, the break wires run inside the axle tubes. So at some point they are coming out of the belly coroplast. If you can find the wiring inside the coroplast, splice them and rerun them outside the axel tubes or across the top of the coroplast and insulation in the under belly.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

There should only be 2 wires for the brakes. It is a magnet in there 1 wire for positive and 1 wire for ground. doesn't matter which is which. should not be a 3rd wire.
BP01-225.jpg

Bones

The third would be going to the rear axle. The side that was torn out is probably the supply side.

SNOKING

Thanks

Were these blowmax tires. Did you put Sailun S637's on it?