Braking and Diesel Trucks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, I dunno. Last weekend, I was towing my sister's fairly lightweight '96 Golden Falcon back home from Indian River to St. Clair for her. Had my cruise set to 67 and was not struggling at all. There was this older guy driving a Dodge 3500, pulling a slightly larger Dutchman with a small boat on the back of it. Fool would come flying up on the flats next to me as if to pass, but as soon as it went slightly vertical, he'd drop way back. So either he didn't know how to set a cruise control, or Chrysler products are just glitz with no guts. i was in Tow/Haul, using either 5 or 6th gear in manual shift, and didn't have any problems maintaining speed, even going up the Zilwaulkee bridge. To be sure, I have the same experience pulling my 14500lb.+ BH. Let the games begin.

Sumo

Contemplating the purchase of a 2006 Ford F-350 Lariat to pull my 2008 Heartland Big Horn 3055. Never owned a diesel truck.

Dude your tag line indicates that you have a "2012 Chev Silverado 3500 4X4 Duramax with Allison Transmission". You know that is a Diesel truck, Right???

porthole

Retired
Dude your tag line indicates that you have a "2012 Chev Silverado 3500 4X4 Duramax with Allison Transmission". You know that is a Diesel truck, Right???

When you edit your signature it is reflected on any post you have written.

tmcran

We used Dodge and GM on the ranch a few times. Always cost us a fortune when we went to trade them in. Now it is only Ford all the way. If you stay on the Hi-way all the time the others might be OK.

Found the same thing with the Dodge. Great motor. Body and other parts fall to pieces. Had no problems with the Fords are Chevys . The Allison Trans can't be beat.