Brand new roof looks like this???

FredA

All the wheels are in motion for a resolution on my issues, folks... I will update here in a few days. Meantime, know that Heartland stands behind me, and Camping World says they will tske care of me...

szewczyk_john

I may not have done a thorough roof inspection but I did go up the ladder and look at mine when it was bought. BUt after seeing the front of this trailer, that would have made me look more closely at the rest of it. As I said in my post, it is a shame that a dealer put this out in this shape.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bones, not too bad an aim. With the walker you don't have the hit them. Just the sound if it going off will give them a heart attack. Every time I have gone to shoot it, when I pull the trigger, everybody around stops to see what just went off. It does sound like a small cannon. When you have time, look it up.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Although I enjoy reading gun discussions, we need to keep this thread on track. Roof problem.

Peace
Dave

FredA

Took it to Camping World SIX DAYS ago; went over all the issues with a service man, stood there as he entered everything into their computer, and walked with him through the camper, examining and pointing out, touching & rubbing each and every issue. He told me he would call by Friday (today) with an update, and usually, by that time Heartland would have decided what materials/parts to send them to begin work.

He did not contact me today, so I contacted Camping World---was told that 'all my issues werer STILL in the 'process of being documented' before being submitted for warranty to Heartland.

WHATTTT????? Still being documented after six days???? Heartland hasn't even yet been contacted?????

LovinAZ

Our BC3650RL had roof issues when we brought it back to Wisconsin from Arizona, unbeknownst to us. Had a trusted dealer do a few other warranty repairs and asked them to do a once over. Found rivets, etc pushing up through. Heartland told our dealer to replace it. If you are in WI ask for GREENEWAY RV in Wisconsin Rapids.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Took it to Camping World SIX DAYS ago; ---was told that 'all my issues werer STILL in the 'process of being documented' before being submitted for warranty to Heartland.

WHATTTT????? Still being documented after six days???? Heartland hasn't even yet been contacted?????

IMHO it might be time to drop a dime on Ryan Brady since he offered to help and gave you his number. Maybe he can jack CW up.

Westwind

The problem there is the quality and skill of the repair staff, think about having it sent back to the factory to be redone. That way your not introducing a third party like Camping World who really doesn't have a good reputation for that type of repair. Had friends who had serious roof leaks in their brand new trailer after going around and around with Camping World near Ft. Meyers they opted to return it to the factory. They towed it there and were reimbursed. they will pick it up on the way from Canada to Florida in the fall for there snowbird season.

FredA

I'm giving CW one more day, then will call Ryan (the chief at Pioneer sales) at Heartland, as he requested here in this Heartland forum thread if I felt I should.

CW has now had my Pioneer for 14 days...and as of this morning, had NOT turned ANYTHING in to Heartland for warranty repair permission. After Heartland contacted THEM to find out why, they sent a 'blank' warranty request form in ---no info describing what issues Heartland should address (the roof, rippled coroplast, bulges in ceiling, torn exterior side flaps, etc etc).

Just got a new email---hoping good news....was from CW....aweeee, just another 'summer sale' flyer 😞

buddyboy

You're a lot more patient than I am. But I think I'd also ask Heartland for someone else to do the work. Seems to me like that CW is not a facility I'd let touch our camper. JMHO

Martha

FredA

Remember....when using Heartland 'dealer locator' for the Pioneer model, the only dealers coming up are Camping Worlds'.

After our current situation is remedied, I may petition Heartland for a dealer who will work on Pioneers. We do have trips scheduled...hoping this issue can be solved in time---don't want to change horses in the middle of the stream, and are praying that when we finally get to pick up the camper that we wont start crying with discoveries that the repairs were not all made, or shoddy work, etc etc. I can't stand it when my wife bursts into tears any more.

jimtoo

There are lots of independent service folks and shops that will work with Heartland and do warranty work. Sounds like you need to find a service person that will work with them and then call Heartland for authorization before any work is done. They may even have the name of someone in your area that has done work for them before.

Jim M

pegmikef

There are lots of independent service folks and shops that will work with Heartland and do warranty work. Sounds like you need to find a service person that will work with them and then call Heartland for authorization before any work is done. They may even have the name of someone in your area that has done work for them before.

Jim M

As Jim says, they may have the name of a service provider near you. The closest Heartland dealer to me is a hundred miles, but when I needed warranty work done on my North Trail they gave me the name of an independent right here in San Angelo that I did not even know existed.