Brand of tire

Georgia_Biker

What tire brand comes on the new Big Horns now ?

I won't go into all of the History but, I swear by the Good Years even if they are a few dollars more. I ordered my current B 3875FB with the Good Years installed - didn't want to take any chances.

WBG

WBGavin
I won't go into all of the History but, I swear by the Good Years even if they are a few dollars more. I ordered my current B 3875FB with the Good Years installed - didn't want to take any chances.

I agree, The Goodyear G614's are the best there is!

SNOKING

I agree, The Goodyear G614's are the best there is!

I think we could come to an agreement that their warranty is the best there is! Even then they will try to have you push trailer repairs off to your insurance company and offer to pick up your deductible. If you are firm they will cover it all, IF you have retained the failed tire to be shipped to them by a tire dealer.

So many of us have heard the personal stores that support this, right? So there are failures, particularly with tires from the 2006-7 time frame for sure.

Now I ask this question. Has anyone had or heard about the failure of a Sailun S637?

Chris

jnbhobe

Had 3 GY 614's throw the tread, never heard of a Sailun 637 failure yet !! I'm sure it will happen sometime.

mlpeloquin

Heard that Goodyear started to make the G614's in China a few years ago and had failures. They since brought back production to the USA. Mine were made in the USA purchased two and a half years ago.

SNOKING

Heard that Goodyear started to make the G614's in China a few years ago and had failures. They since brought back production to the USA. Mine were made in the USA purchased two and a half years ago.

Just internet unfounded BS! That was a GY Marathon rumor, which has production runs in anyone of a number of factories that has capacity at the time. After going to china they reportedly had a run here. They claimed it had nothing to do with quality.

There are most likely 100's or even 1000's of more Marathons producted than G614s.
Chris

AAdams

We have Sailuns on our '16 BH. Towed about 4300 miles so far without indecent, tire still look really good, hold pressure well.