Branson Shenanigans RV Park

SilverRhino

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the Branson Shenanigans RV Park? I have read all the usual review sources and the park seems to be rated very well, just wondering if anyone has been there.

Thank you for any input you can offer.

BLHFUN

Nice campground and nice people. Some people think it's a little tight in the corners and getting around the trees. It right on the strip and probably one of the best in Branson. State park is the only other RV park I would recommend. But it's at the end of a curvy long road away from Branson on table Rock lake.

BLHFUN

Well. I take that back. Cooper creek is also in Branson. It's right on Taney Como and if you like fishing for trout, it's a great spot. Big trees, river, fire pits... Nice people and reasonable rates.

olcoon

I had heard that ABC Campground had closed, but their website seems to be current, so it must have sold. I do know that when the Missouri Chapter had our rally there in 2013 (I think) we had some issues with the management that didn't get resolved. We've camped at Indian Point, a Corps of Engineers CG a few times & liked it, here is a LINK to their website. It's a little way from the strip, but near Silver Dollar City, plus it's a lot quieter, and less traffic. Some friends like camping at Lakeside RV Park. It's operated by the City of Branson, and right on the water. It's almost within walking distance of Branson landing, and he'll usually do some fishing, usually for trout while there. Here is a Link to their website. There are a ton of campgrounds down there, and I tend to stay away from the ones in town, as I'm not too fond of pulling the coach in the traffic that can be there most of the time in the summer. If you've never been there on 76 Hwy..."The Strip" where most of the shows, etc are can be stop & go traffic with a lot of idiots.

SilverRhino

Thanks for all the input......last time we camped in the Branson area was over 20 years ago and we had a pop-up. Always used to stay at Compton Ridge...but though it was pretty tight in the full hookup areas, so thought we would try something new. Think we are going to book our reservations at Shenanigans ..... looks like a very nice park and they have assured me there will not be an issue getting in and around the park with the Freightliner.

Thanks again to all for your help!

Travel Safe!

olcoon

If you are planning on going around Veteran's Day, and if you are a Vet, that town goes overboard for Vets. The Missouri chapter had a rally there a couple of years ago, and I think it was the Baldknobbers let Vets in free if you had proof you were a Vet (DD214 or ID card). A lot of special deals, etc. Also check out Mel's Diner good food, and the wait staff take turns singing, and most of them are very good. The Shepherd of the Hills play had closed down, but from what I understand it's open again & always a good show. Things have changed since you were down there 20 years ago. Some of the places have closed, and some places that had interesting stuff to see (blacksmith, period demos) don't have them anymore. Also Silver Dollar City seems to have gone to more amusement park type stuff, rather than the demos they used to have, i.e. building a log cabin, quilt making, etc.

Paul & Nan

We have reservations for Veterans DAy 2015, staying at the Escapees park. It is near the lake. Drove thru it a few years ago, think it has been upgraded. If you are an Escapee member the rate is very good.

AAdams

When we stayed in Branson we stayed at Stagecoach RV Park. I know the park has been sold since we stayed there since we are still in touch with the old owners. They had great wi-fi, and some concrete pads. The interior roads were packed gravel. I know the old owners ran a shuttle to the shows for free (Tips). They are located across from the state park at Table Rock Lake. Things may have changed though, I'm not sure.

SilverRhino

We will be staying at Branson Shenanigans for a month starting October 14th......If you are going to be in the area, let us know and possibly we can get together somewhere.

Ya'll Travel Safe!