Bringing it home.....

oscar

Picked up our new (to us) 2020 430 today, in the snow. Third time I've done that in the last 10 years for some reason. Guess I like buying in the slow season.

I Must say the RAM and the RW ride much better than the Cyclone and Chevy 3500 I had in 2011.

Now sitting in the driveway getting deep cleaned. I got a deal (relatively speaking for this era) when I bought it from a dealer "As Is" so no PDI. Hook it up and go. The only thing they did was an annual state inspection (requiring checking the brakes) and a leak test of the propane system. So far everything is working. The only thing I haven't checked is plumbing as it is winterized and needs to stay that way until we go South in a week or so. As I go through it I am finding almost no workmanship issues. I know it was built before the world went nuts, so maybe the Elkhart cowboys had a good week when they put it together. So far so good........

Attachments

• IMG_1315 2.jpg
    IMG_1315 2.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

rhodies1

I see in your pic one awning arm. I do not see a second..Is there an awning on your unit.
It’s a beautiful looking unit and definitely a dually.

oscar

The awning is MIA. Not sure whether PO had a storm, forgot to retract it and demo'd it on departure or whether it came undone on the road, but it's gone. (This was figured into the price). It's the only real "not as new" item. Other than that the coach is in very good shape.

david-steph2018

We lost an awning last January in Goodyear when the big storm came thru Phoenix area. We replaced the awning with the one that has the aluminum shield to protect the awning. Well long story short, wife seen the front now did not match the new rear awning, so now we have 2 matching awnings.