Broken Awning Arm

wkcox

Good friends borrowed my RW415. Big winds, rain=broken awning arm, left side on the main awning. It appears that the main roller mechanism is okay, but the entire left arm mechanism is destroyed and needs to be replaced. Anyone with experience with this?

TxCowboy

I haven't personally had to replace a damaged awning yet but a friend here in the RV park had one of his support arms fail last summer due to high winds. He had a mobile service tech assess the damage, called Dometic with a listing of the needed replacement items, and had the mobile tech install them.

Fortunately, there was not damage to the electrical wiring (power awning), mounting brackets, trailer sidewalls, or the awning material. It was simply replacing one of the support arms.

I think the whole repair, including service tech fee, was about $400.

wkcox

Thanks, Jeff. That sounds like the same situation as me. My awning is a different brand however, but hopefully I can order the replacement. The brand is "casual Colorado" or something similar.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Thanks, Jeff. That sounds like the same situation as me. My awning is a different brand however, but hopefully I can order the replacement. The brand is "casual Colorado" or something similar.

Carefree of Colorado. You can order the parts you need and install them yourself if you so desire. Usually the labor for this isn't that bad.

wkcox

Thanks, Mike. I have been on their website and it wasn't very helpful. But, I will call them Monday and hopefully be able to order the part. I'll let you know how it goes...

wkcox

Mike, I have been on Carefree's website and they have done a good job of hiding their telephone number. I have emailed them, and will hopefully hear from them soon. But, from their website, it appears that I may have to go through a dealer. Do you have any experience with ordering from them directly. The replacement of the arm looks very straightforward.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Carefree's customer service number is 1-800-622-3230. If they won't sell directly to you, contact an RV parts store and have them order it for you.

wkcox

I was able to order directly from Carefree on Wednesday and the part arrived Thursday at 1:00pm, in Orlando, FL. I hope the installation goes as easily!