Broken Spring Hanger.....Again. and what to do about my tires too close together

pharmafrog

Thanks for all the help. I am in the process of getting this squared away. I have attached another picture of the springs, just because I do not know how to tell if they are flattened to a replaceable point. OR if you all see anything else wrong under there. PXL_20240713_141724519.MP.jpg

Dahillbilly

Thanks for all the help. I am in the process of getting this squared away. I have attached another picture of the springs, just because I do not know how to tell if they are flattened to a replaceable point. OR if you all see anything else wrong under there. View attachment 69512
measure from eye bolt to eye bolt there is a spec for that distance when they need replacing for the weight rating of said spring. I'm not sure what the spec's are. Performance Trailer measured mine & told me one was getting close to that point. Need to measure them again myself.

rhodies1

They certainly look flattened. Look at the rubber in the equalizer. It’s crushed. Your springs are bowed down on both ends. Follow the spring across and see how it looks wavy over the axles I see you only have 5 leafs. My unit which is a tandem came with 6 leaf springs and Heartland replaced them with 7 leaf springs. Yes I needed new u bolts but small price to pay to fix the spring sag.

NYSUPstater

Front spring pack in last pic, seems to be ok. However, I'm in agreement w/ rhodies1 that the rear set is flattened out.