Broken Window - 2018 Bighorn

so the mower tossed a rock and shattered my window, and Heartland says they can't send just the bottom glass that's broken. They have to send the entire window for about $350, and it'll take them about four weeks to send it. I didn't realize a broken window could be such a pain...

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 143

Kbvols

I am right there with you. I had a side window on my slide shatter on my 2018 BH. I Have emailed a couple times with parts to ensure I am ordering the correct window. Still not certain. The good thing is the lady in parts is prompt with her replays. Good luck with the window.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

I didn't realize a broken window could be such a pain...

HA!! I get it...window/pain...window/pane!! Good one.

Just bad luck. I tried to get. smoke tinted window for the entry door and gave up. They said it had to be safety glass (which makes sense) and I had to buy a whole sheet, and they couldn't cut it, and.... Good luck.

SNOKING

If you have all the metal pieces a glass shop should be able to make a matching pane. They made one for our boat including a hole for the knob. Price was reasonable. Check it out.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
HA!! I get it...window/pain...window/pane!! Good one.

Just bad luck. I tried to get. smoke tinted window for the entry door and gave up. They said it had to be safety glass (which makes sense) and I had to buy a whole sheet, and they couldn't cut it, and.... Good luck.

What about using tinted/colored acrylic or Lexan?

wdk450

I had a similar accident happen in 2013 when the supervisor/watchman at my storage facility/tow yard decided to spin his wheels on a car near my trailer, threw a rock, and broke 1 pane of the bottom slider on my rear window. I went looking on the internet for auto glass repair shops in my area (Sacramento), and found a company that included "RV's" in their list of serviced vehicles. They came out, measured and removed the remains of the broken tinted safety glass pane, went back to their shop and made a replacement matching safety glass pane, came back to the site and were able to install the new pane without removing the frame. The storage guy shelled out about $200 for this.

So I assisted the mobile tech with replacing the window, and I'm glad I did because now I have the knowledge to do it on my own if I ever need to do it in the future. It is surprisingly simple... total cost was $450 for the window from Heartland, and $300 for the tech to put it in. I'm glad the grounds keepers had good insurance and reimbursed me promply.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Safety glass is the side windows on a motorized vehicle, designed to shatter onto small fragments rather than shards. Broken enough of them. Front and rear are laminated and must be cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk