Bumper weight load

I have a Trail Runner 22SLE. I was wondering if a 4 bike, bike rack that you attach to the rear bumper of a camper would damage the "hallow" bumper on the RV. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

GOTTOYS

I would never do that myself, maybe not even with one bike. It's a pretty light gauge "bumper" thats' main purpose is to hold a sewer hose. Look at how thin it is and how it's attached. Bring it to a good welding fabrication shop and get a professional opinion. Maybe they can beef it up so it's useable...Don

Sumo

Here is a pic and a list of the things attached to bumper/sewer hose holder. 1 Yamaha 3000 watt generator, 2 X-pins (portable dog crate) and a cart.

The generator has two stingers welded to the bumper. The X-pin holder is clamped on like the 2 inch receiver used for the bike racks.

I check the the welds and X-pin rack before every trip. I have pulled the 5th wheel over 10,000 miles without a problem.

I have friends who are using the Bike rack attachment without a problem. The sewer holder/bumper is pretty strong.

FYI, my next up grade is a better bumper.

100_0084.jpg

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I've been traveling with approx. 100lbs on my rear bumper for a few years. I did weld some gussets on each side as shown in pic. (heavy duct strap 1" x 4"x 1/16")
The less cantilevering your load the better.

Attachments

• ebay pics 060.jpg
    ebay pics 060.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 52