California dealers

jaderbee

Hi! Hubby and I have been looking at Heartland for years. It looks like we're finally going to get one when he comes home and we PCS to MA. We've done the cross country move twice and this time we hope to make it the Great American Road Trip instead of a 4 day drive. As I look at all the forums on here I'm realizing there is so much more to think about other than packing clothes and KOA reservations! But first things first, would anyone recommend a Heartland dealer in California? Preferably SoCal. I'm looking at some online but the whole give-us-all-your-info-before-we-give-you-a-price makes me wary. So, has anyone had an excellent buying (new or used) experience with a Heartland dealer in CA? TIA

Liz

jimtoo

Hi Liz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There are a lot of great dealers out there, I can't recommend one myself, but some of our other family members will jump in soon to help you out with recommendations. I am like you when it comes to getting a price, just tell me how much and then we can go from there. You don't need to know who my Grandmother was and how many bicycles I own. :)

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hi again Liz. Different Heartland lines are available at a variety of dealers. You might try going on the Heartland RV's website and use their dealer locater to find something near to you. A lot will depend on which rig you are considering.

funntheson

We had a great experience with Steven Raymond (salesperson) at Giant RV in Colton. He is a young man with a family to support. His communication skills were wonderful, as I often emailed him, or sent texts during the whole ordering process. He always did his best to provide accurate information in a timely manner.

Good luck with your purchase.

Larry

frumbawa

Hi Liz,

Welcome to the forum. Like Ray said, different dealers carry different lines so it kind of depends on what you're looking for. We bought our Cyclone at Giant RV - Murrieta. Good people there, very knowledgeable, no pressure if you go there and look around. In San Diego, there is also La Mesa RV and RV Solutions. I don't have any experience with the latter two though.

Good luck in your search.

Frank

fawsty

Liz;

Welcome to the RV experience, starting with the search, and the purchase. I'm up in Bakersfield, so I can't help you down there, wish I could. I do suggest looking on-line at dealer's inventory for what you like before making those drives. If you don't know what it is you are looking for, then go look. I made a really great deal here, in January of 2008, for a new Bighorn 3670RL, way below what they were asking for it. Don't be afraid to say no and walk away, they won't let you go. And don't settle for something, get what you want, or you'll regret it soon after.

Let your husband know that we in this country really appreciate his service and sacrifices that you have both (and family) made for us. Good luck in your search.

Steven

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
Highly recommend See Grins in Gilroy. If you are up in that area, you will be amazed at the variety of Heartland trailers! Most of them inside a big building! The owner, Randy, is very hospitable and he and his associates will make you feel right at home!
Met him at one of our Heartland ralleys and have stopped by a number of times!

jaderbee

Thanks everyone! I know we want a bunk house or a toy hauler if the price is right. It's mainly the kid space in the back we're looking for. So ElkRidge, Sundance, Cyclone, or Road Warrior. I appreciate the referrals and will check them out online. Thanks again! :)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks everyone! I know we want a bunk house or a toy hauler if the price is right. It's mainly the kid space in the back we're looking for. So ElkRidge, Sundance, Cyclone, or Road Warrior. I appreciate the referrals and will check them out online. Thanks again! :)

Bighorn has a new Silverado model that i believe has bunkbeds. Be sure to check it out also!