Calling all BigHorn 3010re owners.

CoveredWagon

First of all thank you for looking in.
Questions is if you have theater seating do you find it uncomfortable watching tv? And if you have the rocker recliners are they really as bad as everyone (many) seem to claim?

Thanks and Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays

Dave

'Lil Guy'

DW and I both enjoy the theater seating in our BH and find it very comfortable to recline in. Wife cold probably answer this better because I usually just fall asleep in it.lol Not familiar with the rocker recliner. Hope this helps.

mlpeloquin

Questions is if you have theater seating do you find it uncomfortable watching tv? And if you have the rocker recliners are they really as bad as everyone (many) seem to claim?

Dave

Theater seating in a 3010RE I would not do. You will have to look left to see the TV. Ours has the recliners. I move the recliners out and turn them. I find the recliner to be good enough for the fifth wheel. I have not had the leather craze and peal like some. My friend purchased a big country that has the same layout as my Big Horn. His recliners are different form mine. His wife wanted more space so he sold me one of his recliners. The two in my rig are much better than the one that came out of his. I know because I am sitting on it now and every night in the S&B. The foam in the seat is not holding up, but the leather is. If you want a semular layout with theater seating, look at the 3160 Elete.

Update 2/25/17: The leather on the recliner that came out of my friends Big Country is now breaking down. It did not take long of full time use.

Last edited:

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
The way the TV is situated in the 3010 makes it's difficult and uncomfortable to watch. We have the 3160 EL and it's one of the reasons we selected it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregP

We have a 2014 3010RE with the rocker recliners. With the TV mounted at the rear, it is a bit awkward to watch tv for extended periods of time from the recliners unless we move them. They are a bit heavy to move, so I let the wife wrestle with them. We don't watch a lot of tv when on the road, so not real a major issue. I am considering swapping them out for some lighter rockers, but have other things I need more, so that will wait.

brianlajoie

We too have a 2014 3010RE with the rocker recliners. We like the TV in an enclosed cabinet so it is away when not in use. Sometime we do move the seat, but usually.

donr827

It would be nice if you could delete the dinning room and living room furniture from your order and receive a credit on the price. Then you could buy exactly what you want in style and quality.
Don

happykraut

I ordered my 2014 3010RE without the recliners. Had the Amish build me a wallhugger recliner and put a desk next to it. I love my desk. TV watching works out good for us. Wife likes to lay on the couch and I'm in the recliner.

Dumboldles

We have a 2016 with the recliners and move them to watch tv. Seem to be quality chairs that do take up lots of room. One chair would work. We use furniture moving feet that are secured by Velcro to help in sliding the chairs from travel position to watching tv place. DW and I are real happy with our 3010 re.

Dumboldles.

SNOKING

Dave

If you like watching TV, then a "re" model unless long enough to have seating directly in front of the TV is not a very good floor plan. Think pain in the neck! We have theater seating in door side slide and TV in off door side slide (RL Style) which gives direct straight on viewing of TV. As others have pointed out there are models in the shorter BH's that have this arrangement. Chris

mayflower

We have a 2014 Bighorn 3010re and wished we had purchased the 3160el because of the TV placement. We have to move the rocker/recliners (which is a pain) to watch TV head on, then we are too close for comfortable viewing. Hopefully a trade is in our near future.

CoveredWagon

We have a 2014 Bighorn 3010re and wished we had purchased the 3160el because of the TV placement. We have to move the rocker/recliners (which is a pain) to watch TV head on, then we are too close for comfortable viewing. Hopefully a trade is in our near future.

Thanks for there reply.
One of my reason for looking seriously at the 3010 was the pin weight. I've found an option that will save me about 200+ pounds over a traditional slider 5th wheel, so th at is less of an issue. We also looked at the 3160, but wanted a king size bed and we didn't like the walk in pantry. Long story short, we wound up ordering a 3270rs, a floor plan that also gives us a pull out desk.

Thanks again

Dave

SNOKING

Go a little farther and get the 3575el. Chris

pegmikef

We have a 2014 BH 3010RE, but got rid of the OEM recliners and bought two swivel rocker recliners that we liked from Havertys. Since they swivel, viewing is not a problem. I usually lie or sit on the couch anyway because Molly (our Beagle) kind of took over my recliner. I use a folding table as a desk as there is plenty of open space in the LR.