Campground in Colorado Springs?

RobP

Looking for recommendations for a campground in Colorado Springs for 3 nights.
Wanting to go see: Pikes Peak and Royal Gorge, any other must sees?

thank you

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We also stayed at the Garden of the Gods Resort and had a great time. We took our grandsons and found the park is very centrally located for the sights around Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We had our Fall Rally at Garden of the Gods RV Resort last year and our spring rally this year will be @ Mountaindale RV Resort. Garden of the Gods is a very nice park plus it is close to many attractions. Mountaindale is also very nice but away from town in the foothills. If your goal is to check out Garden of the Gods Natural Area and Pike's Peak then the GG Resort is your best bet. Check Royal Gorge website...most of the buildings burned down in a wildfire last year; it has been shut down for all the rebuilding that needs to be done. They are suppose to have most of it finished this year but you will need to check for the date of reopening.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Mountaindale is one of our favorites to get away for a few days. It is a PA campground and about 30 miles from us. Our CO chapter is there at the end of May. Garden of the Gods Resort is also nice but the sites are fairly close together.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We stayed at Mountaindale also.. In my book this is the nicest campground close to Colorado Springs. No phone signal, no internet, but the campground has a great internet. Beautiful scenery. It is 21 miles south of Colorado Springs on hwy 115.

Here is a photo of our camp site.
DSC_2385M.jpg

BC

RobP

Thanks everyone! Monica-don I will check that out. We like the more open Rv spaces so it looks like we will be at Mountaindale.

BobX2

There is also a KOA just a few miles south of the springs in Fountain, if you have any interest in that type of campground. Decent place as far as KOA campgrounds go.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One of our favorite campgrounds is the Royal View Campgrounds . . . http://www.royalviewcampground.com/

This place is awesome . . . and tell them that I sent 'ya!

Here is a shot I took from our camp site on one of our visits there:

RoyalGorgeBridgeCampsight-P1060982.jpg

We are planning on staying there again this year!

As many know, Colorado has been plagued by wildfires and floods in the last couple of years, so we are going to Colorado campgrounds this summer that have suffered from these events to help them get back on their feet!

I had a stroke about 3 1/2 years ago and haven't been there since then, not to mention that we had our old trailer the last time we were there . . .

But this campground is awesome and will accomodate you whatever your needs . . .

I love this place!

swiftk77

We live in the Denver area and would highly recommend Cheyenne Mountain State Park. Mountaindale is also nice, but is a bit further from town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We just spent a week in Canon City. We had wanted to stay at one on the RV parks near the gorge but none were open yet. Ended up staying at the Canon City RV park. Not the best but close to the family we were visiting and relatively inexpensive. Drove up to the gorge but it is still shut down due to last years fire. The mountainsides are void of any vegetation. Looks like a moonscape! Might want to check the status if anyone's planning a visit.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We will be arriving at Cheyenne Mountain State Park on Memorial Day and will be there for three nights, then on to Mountaindale for the Heartland Rally on Thursday of that week through Sunday!

Can't wait to get the Trail Runner on the road again!

travelin2

We saw that one and gave it some thought but it was a bit far to travel back and forth to family in Canon City. BTW-are there sites there to fit my BH 3010?

skyguy

In general, their sites are huge, and L O N N N G ! Should be no problem. A fair share of pull throughs as well.

travelin2

Thx. Will keep that in mind when we pass thru in the future.