Campground recommendation in WV

MCTalley

Currently staying in KY for another week while I recuperate from appendix surgery. Rather than spending the added money to return to Nashville for work for only one week, we decided to stay on the road and work remotely the next two weeks before heading to Urbanna.

We are already reserved at KY Horse park this week and thought we might split the difference and stay somewhere scenic in WV next week. Recommendations? Preferably somewhere big rig friendly, 50 amp, decent phone/internet reception since I will be working (we roll with both AT&T and Verizon, so either will work). Also, somewhat close to our I-64 route would be good, and closer to VA than KY to put us closer to the rally.

RV Park Review hasn't been much help in the Greenbriar and White Sulphur Springs areas (older reviews).

Rrloren

I'm sure others with first hand experience will reply . however , I have a trip planned that has us stopping at the Stonewall Jackson Resort at a State Park. Looks pretty nice.It's off exit 91 on I 79 so may be too far out of your way.

MCTalley

We looked at doing the I-79 route and traversing Maryland on the way to rally, which would make that a good stop. I was striking out on places in Maryland, though.

We we did finally find a couple good bets in the Greenbriar area, one being the WV Fairgrounds. We plan on hopping on over into VA around Waynesboro or Charlottesville for a few nights as well.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Currently staying in KY for another week while I recuperate from appendix surgery. Rather than spending the added money to return to Nashville for work for only one week, we decided to stay on the road and work remotely the next two weeks before heading to Urbanna.

We are already reserved at KY Horse park this week and thought we might split the difference and stay somewhere scenic in WV next week. Recommendations? Preferably somewhere big rig friendly, 50 amp, decent phone/internet reception since I will be working (we roll with both AT&T and Verizon, so either will work). Also, somewhat close to our I-64 route would be good, and closer to VA than KY to put us closer to the rally.

RV Park Review hasn't been much help in the Greenbriar and White Sulphur Springs areas (older reviews).
Summerville Lake RV retreat. We stayed their last week with Dick and Reta. the place is beautiful and a great place to just relax and enjoy nature.
Linda

Rrloren

We looked at doing the I-79 route and traversing Maryland on the way to rally, which would make that a good stop. I was striking out on places in Maryland, though.

We we did finally find a couple good bets in the Greenbriar area, one being the WV Fairgrounds. We plan on hopping on over into VA around Waynesboro or Charlottesville for a few nights as well.

If you enjoy seeing Civil War sites , like me , you could stay at the KOA in Harpers Ferry WV which is a stones throw from that site. Near Hagerstown Md. there are 2 campgrounds not far from the Antiedum Battlefield which is a must see for those interested in the Civil War.
There is another east of Frederick,Md. near Woodbine that we have stayed in to visit Frederick Md, which has a nice shopping district as well as the Monocacy Battlefield which was one of the last of the battles of the Civil War.
Hope this helps.