Campground Recommendation

Sakool

Late June thinking of camping somewhere around the Bighorn and doing same day trips. Wondering if any one has a recommendation for a campground? Have a 30 ft North Trails.

jbeletti

Don't know where the Bighorn is, but I do know the WY State rally is in Cody the 4th weekend of June - 1 week after our North American Rally in Gillette.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
The Big Horns are located between Ten Sleep on the west and Buffalo on the east. Ten sleep isn't much more than a wide spot in the road but there is an RV park. Buffalo has at least three nice parks and there are a couple private RV parks in the Big Horns and several forest service camp grounds. I can get you some names if you need them and I'll be going over the mountain in April so if you want me to scope out anything for you let me know.

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The Big Horns are located between Ten Sleep on the west and Buffalo on the east. Ten sleep isn't much more than a wide spot in the road but there is an RV park.

I remember that area as one of the best rides I have taken. Came home that way from Sturgis one year. The Wind River area was awesome!

DRGalligher

Late June thinking of camping somewhere around the Bighorn and doing same day trips. Wondering if any one has a recommendation for a campground? Have a 30 ft North Trails.

Do you mean the Bighorn Mountains, like around Burgess Junction, up Shell Canyon?

DRGalligher

I've not been there but I hear a lot of good things about Colter Bay CG
http://www.gtlc.com/lodging/colter-bay-village-rv-park.aspx

I second Colter Bay RV Village - Colter Bay also has a CG that fivers will fit in but the CG is dry camping only. Both the RV Village and CG are beautiful and within walking distance of the lake, the village, and numerous trails.

Over Togwotee Pass is Falls CG - with an RV loop with electricity. This CG has a water spigot to fill up at the entrance. We stayed at Falls late September 2009 and were the only ones there. Had to leave due to snow and a cold front coming in so the FS was going to close this CG. I'd definitely go back. If you're looking for a nice CG with scenery (Pinnacles Bluff and Falls CG falls) and don't plan to go to GTNP daily, this is the place - plus within driving distance of Dubois, WY too.