Campgrounds in Tampa Bay/Sarasota/Punta Gorda area with Storage

I am looking to store my travel trailer over the winter in the Tampa Bay/Sarasota/Punta Gorda area at a campground. I am also hopeful they will have a service that they will bring my trailer out to a lot when I come down there for a couple weeks. Does anyone know of a Campground that has storage and a service where you can call ahead and have them place your trailer on a site that you have rented? Rusty

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Rusty, we winter at Sun-N-Fun in Sarasota. Although we pull our 5th wheel with us, several folks at the campground store their rigs there over the "off-season" and have them set up by the campground when they get ready to come south for the "season." Our next door neighbor the last two seasons just drives his car down from the Northeast. He doesn't even own a truck. The campground pull his 5th wheel over to the site just before they get there and then put it back in storage once they are ready to leave. Not sure how long you are planning on staying at the campsite, but I know the campground does this for folks who are spending 3 or 4 months. Not sure what their policy is for shorter stays.

Keith

I am looking to store my travel trailer over the winter in the Tampa Bay/Sarasota/Punta Gorda area at a campground. I am also hopeful they will have a service that they will bring my trailer out to a lot when I come down there for a couple weeks. Does anyone know of a Campground that has storage and a service where you can call ahead and have them place your trailer on a site that you have rented? Rusty

Thanks Keith - I will check in with them at Sun and Fun