Campgrounds near San Diego, Ca.

righttime

We will be spending the last week of March near San Diego. We are looking for a campground close to the ocean and to the LRT.

Tks

Wmnmy

Sunland rv resort off 8 east I15 great place good Sam too close to everything even trolly to take u downtown ....

frumbawa

Getting into the beachside State Parks last week of March might be a little tough because that's about the time Spring Break starts here in the San Diego area. State parks include Silver Strand, San Elijo, and South Carlsbad. There is San Onofre, San Mateo, and San Clemente further to the north.

A couple regional parks in the area include Gaujome and Santee Lakes.

As for some of the privates I am aware of, the Chula Vista KOA as already mentioned, Chula Vista RV Resort, Campland on the Bay, and Escondido RV Resort (probably the furthest from the ocean).

Not sure what you mean by LRT so I can't help you there.

Frank

righttime

I didn't even think about school break. That may be a problem. I will have to get busy. LRT is light rail transit. I understand San Diego has one. Easiest way to get downtown.

Tks

frumbawa

LRT = The train. I should have known :).

We have three. The "trolley" serves downtown San Diego south to the border and east to La Mesa and maybe even El Cajon. I don't know the trolley that well. The Coaster runs north and south along the coast from downtown SD to Oceanside and the Sprinter runs east/west from Oceanside to Escondido. Obviously stops at all points in between. Unfortunately I can't tell you how each of the CGs relate to the train stops but almost all of them have parking lots and wouldn't be a long drive from any of them.

Hope this helps.

Frank

TNT

Campland on the Bay is the most fun for us! Watch the Sea World fireworks every night.

TXTiger

Just joined the Forum yesterday. Traded in the F-150 for a F-350 2 weeks ago so I can pull a 5th wheel toy hauler and can take my Harley with me. Looking at buying a Cyclone in the near future. Getting ready to retire and go 1/2 time working my way into full time rv living. I live in San Diego. The closest rv park to the beach and downtown is Campland By the Bay. KOA in Chula Vista is about 20 min south of downtown and 10 min north of the Mexican border. Santee Lakes is located about 20 min east in the suburb of Santee. The trolly (our version of an LTV) runs from downtown to Santee and back. The trolly also runs to Chula Vista. There are State parks along the beach at Silver Strand (near Coronado, about 10 from downtown over the bridge), San Elijo (near Solana Beach, about 35/40 min from downtown and very near the Coaster LTV) and San Onofre (near Oceanside about 45/70 min north of downtown and near the coaster) Hope this helps

jimtoo

Hi TwoToes,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. If you have questions, need help or opinions, the Heartland family is here for you.

Hope you get retired soon, get the Cyclone and load the Harley and make lots of great memories camping.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M