Camping in De Pere, WI this weekend

jbeletti

I am working my way towards the MI rally being held Aug 28-30.

This Friday, I will be at the Apple Creek CG in De Pere, WI. Nancy is joining me there. I'll be there through Wednesday morning when I leave for MI. Nancy heads home :(

Friday, we'll see Bob and Christina (seamo) at Apple Creek. They're arriving today and heading out for the MI rally on Saturday.

Sunday, we'll see Dave and Mary (cookie and mrs-cookie). They'll be leaving Monday for the MI rally.

Anyone else coming up through WI on their way to the MI rally? If so, consider Apple Creek CG. I've never been there so I can't vouch for the place but seamo and the cookies are cool and camping with them is always fun. Can a bunch of previous rally experiences with them both be wrong? :)

Jim

sharmulst

Camping in Cloquet, MN

We just arrived in Cloquet, MN. What a beautiful city park with all the comforts of home. We are working our way across WI and MI toward St. Ignace arriving Friday noon. It is raining and looks like it will be that way for the rest of today and tomorrow.
Looking forward to the rally and meeting old friends and making new.
Thanks Jim for the info on our membership.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello guys, Were at Lakeshore CG in Mi waiting for the Party to began, WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE! TRAVELER07

Tom of Ypsi

Hey Rick and Blanca,

We are still here in Belleville, Mi. Remember Mr and Mrs. Butterworth in the MH, still stuck up as ever. We are leaving late Monday morning for the rally. See you late Monday afternoon.

Draco Dog

Hubby and I are now full-time rvr's.

We are about to finish a small circle of travel to visit all children and grand-children.

Visiting daughter in Tucson 1st, then off see son in Indianapolis, son in North Dakota and another daughter in Idaho.

One thing I can say is that America has awesome scenery, people, etc., etc.

I have no wish to visit outside the USA. Our country has so much to offer, I have no problem with staying here to see what I have never been able to b4.

We are members of several camping facilities. They were awesome on saving expenditures. But, there is a large stretch of land that has nothing to offer regarding our campground memberships.

We have met some great people along the way. And some really good rv park owners. We are now in Idaho. The price per night wasn't really high in cost. We decided to stay for one week, costing $130. The owner/manager has planted a garden in the back of the campground. Inviting customers to retreive home-grown tomotoes, cucumbers, corn. And every morning he puts a newspaper on our front steps. Can it get any better than that?

The only question I have, we have a wonderful pamphlet that we picked up in Idaho. It is called the "RV IDAHO". Website of (2009 edition) www.rvidaho.org This pamphlet, which is the size of a folded-up-map; has all the info you would want for the state of Idaho. (the state parks, parks, campgrounds, dump stations, U.S. forest service, National park service, the type of campground, and info such as cable tv hookups, laundry, lp gas, pets, showers, etc., etc.

It seems like b4 I retired, that I purchased many rv books that I hardly ever use. This pamphlet is so handy.

Any suggestions on where I can get them for other states? thanks, cheri