Camping off the Beaten Path

wonka

Hay All,
Just curious as to how many people take their Bighorns off the beaten path, by this I mean boondocking away from any organized facilities. We spend almost all but one week random camping in the back woods of the rocky mountains, fifty miles of gravel and unimproved roads one way. No cell phone service, no internet, completely out of touch with the rest of the world. We are equipt with a generator, solar panels, inverter, and three batteries (one 12 volt, two six), so we can still enjoy our A/C, and the occasional movie if the weather gets really bad. Then for ten days a year we head out and hook right up. Water, power, sewer, cable TV and Wifi, (this is the little woman's idea of roughing it).
With the transition from a TT to the Fifth we have found that there are a few of our favourite spots we just cannot get into, but we are definately a lot more comfortable in the ones we can.

brianharrison

I don't have a Bighorn but I take my Landmark dry camping mostly. Unfortunately I am a neat freak so avoid dusty/muddy gravel roads like the plague. We use it at serviced sites when we are travelling on longer holidays.

Sites are usually in Canadian Provincial parks (mountains, etc) so are remote (no cell service). Gets nice and dark. Great campfire times.

Take care,
Brian