Camping World Environmental Protection--Is it worth it? Experiences?

klp605

Anyone choose to have the environmental protection option on their new campers? I am wondering if it is worth it with respect to the exterior and interior protections. Is this any different then what we do ourselves using fabric protection (Scotchguard) and good old wax?

Oregon_Camper

Is this a can of Scotchguard and a coat of wax on front of the RV?

Doesn't seem legit to me....seems more like a HUGE profit for dealership.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
While working for an ad agency, they were working to rebrand a company that created products for protecting car (and rv) interiors and exteriors. It uses nanotechnology and UV protectors to bond to the fibers and the microscopic openings in the surfaces. Yes there was tremendous markup, I'm sure, but the technology was patented and seemed legit. I would ask for details into the technology that makes the product worth what they are asking. And then negotiate it down to you feel comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafordguy

I let my Dealer (not Camping World) talk me into this type treatment and it was a load of BS. They didn't even wash the 5er before they applied the "protection". :mad:

WGFinley

As a former insurance adjuster I can tell you these are straight up nonsense. Scotch Guard and wax is right. They will keep coming for you too on how it needs to be reapplied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk