Can anyone spot the rookie mistake

orion7144

Still learning...
44856b2c9f27aa924af8b3d396707f4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

orion7144

It would have been nice to put the awning out while grilling since that was where the sun set and it was a bit hot. I pulled that far forward so there was less distance to the hookups. I wont make that mistake again. FYI there was a beverage on the table.

Kbvols

I'm sure if people would admit to it we've all done the same or similar. I hooked and moved and unhooked 3 times during one outing. Too much of a hurry sometimes. Hope you enjoyed your outing.

JMP

And here i thought you were going to say you forgot to put the cable under the hitch... LOL, I did not see the beer on the picnic table.

orion7144

What about the buckets under the jacks??

dave

They are from Andersen ( same as my hitch). They are magnetic, just put them on then auto level. less jack extension creates less movement in the rv. They claim 90% but I can see ~70% with my calibrated butt. They do make them without the magnets. No more pads for me unless I can not get the "buckets"under my rear ones. At my house I have to lower the front jacks to get these on the rear jacks.

JamesL73

What about the buckets under the jacks??

dave

He didn’t mention it in his reply but those “buckets” are called Jack Blocks. I use them on my 5er too. They make a huge difference in minimizing the rocking of the rv due to the jacks being extended way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would have been nice to put the awning out i found grilling since that was where the sun set and how to get rid of gyno it was a bit hot. I pulled that far forward so there was less distance to the hookups. I wont make that mistake again. FYI there was a beverage on the table.

Was going to point out about the Sun. :) Great thread to learn by mistakes of others.

Last edited:

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you for the post, although I do not own a 5er as yet was still able to learn something from everyone. First the awning and I must admit that my wife and I watch that everywhere we set up and the second thing is the buckets. That makes perfect sense with the sway of the trailer not having the jacks extended out to the max. In the past 5 rally’s we have attended it seems that there is a bigger push for the magnetic pads than the buckets. Again, thank you all!