Can I Walk on My 2021 Heartland Pioneer BH250 Roof?

I would like to add solar to my new RV but I will need to get up on the rook occasionally to inspect it and I don't want to fall through or cause unecassary damage to the roof. Can I walk on it or is this a no-go?

RoadJunkie

Well, they had to walk on it to build it, so, depending on your physical abilities and physical profile (read, weight) then you're probably good to walk on it.

michaelg

I would like to add solar to my new RV but I will need to get up on the rook occasionally to inspect it and I don't want to fall through or cause unecassary damage to the roof. Can I walk on it or is this a no-go?
How did your solar install go? I am thinking if doing the same thing.

Routemaster

I am not so sure about loading up the roof with panels is the right thing! see how my wall has passed the floor line IMO the walls and out riggers take all the weight of the roof.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Paint3.JPG
    Paint3.JPG
    660.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Under the floor.JPG
    Under the floor.JPG
    787.1 KB · Views: 7

sengli

So does your rig have a rear ladder to access the roof from the factory? If not it might not be walkable. Some of these rigs are built super light, and NOT all are walkable from what I have seen. The roof panel assemblies are built, and finished and then just set on the walls, with the workers on scaffolds on the side of the rigs to affix them with screws etc.