Can North Trail axles be moved to bottom of springs?

houey57

I have a 2012 northtrail 28rls. The ground clearance is very low, at some campgrounds it is almost impossible to back in without dragging the rear stabilizers. It looks as though the axles can be moved to hang below the springs to get the trailer a little higher. Any body have this done before or know anything about this?

RuralPastor

Re: axles to bottomof springs

I have a 265rls and my axles hang below the springs. No problems with ground clearance for me.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

I believe the "axle flip" is a common way to gain ground clearance.

GOTTOYS

I believe Dexter has a kit to relocate them. Not a huge job but the saddle that mounts to the springs will need to be relocated..Don

ZNK

My springs are above the axles. After talking to another North Trail owner at the pacific regional rally I know it is possible to flip them. His were beneath as well and the difference in height was pretty significant. So much that he only had 2 steps while i have 3. This may be something you need to consider, adding different steps to account for the increased height.

CliffP

Our springs are also above the axles and we've really had no problems with ground clearance.