can this be so? suspension question

kubo

Is my thought process correct on this one..........having ordered the landmark agusta, with the standard 7,000 lb axles, does that mean I can only load it up including trailer dry weight to 14,000 lbs ? It would make sense to me but ?......... according to the brochure its gvwr is 16,200 thanks for any and all responses. have a great day :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
kubo, the 14K is axle weight. It does not include pin weight, which will be in the neighborhood of 3K.

Peace
Dave

lwmcguir

1620 is the Max the trailer is rated for. If you push it to that which is easy to do, then you will probably want to upgrade the axles at some point. Experienced RV'ers usually unload everything they don't really need and keep the weight down as much as possible. Remember you can get 1000 pounds of water in the fresh water tanks on the Augusta so with equipment you can overload it if you don't keep track of what is on board.

2010augusta

Our August is a little heavy and my weigh slips show the our fully loaded trailer is only carrying 13,120# on the axles and 3,380# on the pin. So to my calculations each axle should have about 500# to spare. It is important to place weight in the trailer "smartly" as to not over load the suspension.