Cannot find water pump.

daviscm86

We have a 2012 Heartland wilderness and I cannot find the water pump. We bought it used and I don't know if the owner before us removed it and never replaced it, but my husband and I have looked everywhere and cannot for the life of us find it.

dudkas

Well Cookie, I have the same issue. The lack of documentation is an issue. I have a 2020 Heartland Bighorn and cannot find the water pump or the battery charger. By tapping into someone else's knowledge, that would save possible damage to my rig. Is that not the purpose of this forum?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Running the pump and listening for it (they’re not quiet) is the stock answer for locating it. As for the converter, they’re usually behind the basement walls in a 5th wheel (as is the water pump), in the vicinity of the breaker panel.

With TT’s they can be under a bed or in a cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
By tapping into someone else's knowledge, that would save possible damage to my rig. Is that not the purpose of this forum?
Yes.
JohnDar has extensive knowledge and has the correct answer. You need to remove the wall in the pass through storage basement. You will need a #2 square driver bit. Screws may be kinda hidden in fabric and there may be two or three screws in the UDC, the area where your water hookup is.
As far as documentation this has been a complaint in the RV industry since forever and it likely will never change. There are many models and many see running changes throughout the model year. They could never keep up without spending a bunch of money and that's not happening.

Peace
Dave