Can't access my outside TV?

So -- I've owned by Cyclone since March and tried to access my outside TV for the first time the other day.

And well, the key would open the lock.

Very well could be the dealers fault (wrong key) but was curious if anyone else had a similar problem.. wondering if there could be something with the locks...

IronJ

Sometimes operating the lock for the first time is difficult.

It's the same key as the front genny compartment I believe...or the gas station cover....if you can open those you should have right key..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

mlpeloquin

My front compartment was darn near impossible to open when new. I finally used my entire body to push as I turned the key. It opened as I bounced against the door above the lock. I had to bend the inner metal lip that the lock goes behind to give it a little more clearance.

IronJ

Mine was the key tumblers themselves...the key just didn't want to turn...I knew it was right key...I needed in so I figured oh well...if it breaks I'll drill it out...with some force and wiggling I got it open...each subsequent time I used it it got easier...along with some graphite lube...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Tree14

So -- I've owned by Cyclone since March and tried to access my outside TV for the first time the other day.

Very well could be the dealers fault (wrong key) but was curious if anyone else had a similar problem.. wondering if there could be something with the locks...
Haven't tried ours yet, did you put some graphite in the lock

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
Ours is a different key than all the others. Our keys quit working a couple months in. Had to get a new lock for it. To unlock it, I used a screwdriver to break the tumblers.

Bill & Irene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
Do a search on Google for a 507CH key, available from many sources with pricing between two and three dollars each.

I ordered extras being I only received two key with the coach.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have 2 Key's for the outside TV compartment.
They worked before but now I can't get them to turn the lock.
Luckily mine is stuck in the unlocked potion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LBR

If your key opens the lock, then why say it's the dealer's fault for a wrong key??