Can't seem to get water to water heater. 1st time filling from dealer. 2014 Cyclone 3110

thirdtimeround

Any idea's for bleeding air out of the hot water heater? Every coach I've had , the water tank fills up and then you bleed off the air at the hot water tank with the top valve. And I also have lots of water dripping from the right side under belly by the front steps of my 2014 Cyclone 3110. It coach is leaning to the right side? ,Mike

danemayer

Hi thirdtimearound,

I think on the Cyclones, the fresh tank has an overflow drain by the front steps. If this is where the water is coming out, and you're not filling the fresh tank, you could have water flowing backward through the water pump while hooked up to city water. Take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Guide. There's an explanation and diagram starting on page 10.

Suburban recommends keeping an air pocket in your water heater to prevent seepage from the pressure relief. Are you bleeding air out to try to fix some other problem?

jimtoo

Also the water heater may be in bypass setting for winterizing. Find the bypass valves on the back of water heater and check. You should not need to bleed air off to fill water heater,, just open a hot water faucet/spicket and it will fill to proper level.

Jim M

thirdtimeround

THX, forum is great. I realize it is the hot water by-pass I just don't see it. Tomorrow I'll look for it. Unless you know where it is. And yes the underbelly was leaking after a very long fill up of water. Overflows leak a couple of minutes and stop,this was going and going. RV stands or ruins vacations ! Funny part is I haven't even left yet ! Mike

danemayer

On some rigs, there's a hot water bypass valve in the Universal Docking Center (UDC). On others there's a set of three valves on the inside. It's possible on your Cyclone, the valves may be behind the basement wall. Here's a picture someone else posted recently.

Attachments

• Cyclone Water Heater Bypass.jpg
    Cyclone Water Heater Bypass.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 98

thirdtimeround

THX guys . Trying to remember what I was told about the location of it. Dealer walk thru and experience was lacking. Heartland manual is too generic, no real good info. I appreciate the picture. I'm betting that's where mine is. Mike

KRCyclone

The bypass valve on ours is behind the right panel in the UDC. If you are still having overflow issues try rotating the inlet water valve thru all positions. When we first got our Cyclone the fresh tank would fill when in the city position. I rotated the valve around and have not had any issues since. Could have been trash in the valve or the check valve stuck open and the surge of pressure push it closed.