Carbon Monoxide alarms when running on generator in my 3950 HD

Wyyelnats

Hello,

My family and I recently traveled in our 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD. While dry camping we ran the generator overnight and were wakened several times each evening by the carbon monoxide alarm. I assume that this was a result of the generator exhaust seeping into the RV. Is this a common problem with the Cyclone? Is there a way to remedy the issue?

Kind Regards,

Wy Yelnats

porthole

Retired
That is not a common problem and you need to find out why BEFORE you use the genny again.

Is your trailer one of the types that has the exhaust pipe exiting under a slide?

I have the same issue on my 3950 HD. I haven't been able to find why the exhaust seeps in. I would really like to know what the fix is!!!

Wyyelnats

Yep ... the exhaust terminates under the master bedroom slide on the driver side. Poor design if you ask me. What I'm curious about, and I'm hoping the factory can comment, is whether they acknowledge that this is a problem for the 3950, and whether they're going to provide a solution. I'm sure they didn't want to exhaust the generator on the door side of the unit for the obvious reasons, but I would think that the better alternative would be to extend the exhaust so that it exits to the rear of the kitchen slide-out.

jbeletti

Wyyelnats,

Please contact Customer Service today at 877-262-8032 to discuss this matter with them.

Jim

redwing

We have had the same thing happen with our '09 3912, there is a return air grill located in the lower left front corner of the living room which opens to the underbelly of the coach. When you remove the access panel to bypass the water heater for winterizing you can see it from the inside, there is an area between docking station and water about 8" long and 3" wide that is wide open to the outside, right above the exhaust. I have filled what I can get to with spray foam insulation but still get exhaust gas and cold air in thru the return vent.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about getting an exhaust pipe extension and run it up and out or back and out. I have seen them at Camping World.