Carefree of Colorado SL Window Awning vs Sunshade

brlr2000

I'm considering installing a couple of Window Awnings on my FW, but after looking at the www.carefreeofcolorado.com website, I see that they have a roller-style window shade as well. It's recommended for the rear window, but I don't know why it couldn't be used on any window. Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of the SL Window Awning vs Sunshade products?

danemayer

You want to block the sun before the heat gets near the window surface. I think the awnings will do a better job of that. On the rear window, if you have a ladder, an awning can't be mounted.

brlr2000

You want to block the sun before the heat gets near the window surface. I think the awnings will do a better job of that. On the rear window, if you have a ladder, an awning can't be mounted.

I was thinking that the roller shade would have about an inch air gap between the window and the shade, but the shade is partially transparent, so some sun will be filtered in to the window. However, with the awning, some of the sun may strike the window directly depending on the angle of the sun...and what direction your RV is facing. So, the roller shade may make it darker inside the RV, while the Awning would block your view from the sky and trees, etc. So, I'm still not sure which would be better.

danemayer

We have Sun Shades that snap in place. But DW will only let me put them on when we're in a really hot climate with intense sun. When they're on she says she feels like her vision is compromised. They help reduce the heat load, but not as much as I had hoped.

I don't think you'll find a solution that doesn't compromise the view in part or altogether.

brlr2000

We have Sun Shades that snap in place. But DW will only let me put them on when we're in a really hot climate with intense sun. When they're on she says she feels like her vision is compromised. They help reduce the heat load, but not as much as I had hoped.

I don't think you'll find a solution that doesn't compromise the view in part or altogether.

Do you know what brand or company makes the "snap-in-place" style?

Westwind

Here are a couple of other sources - I've been looking around also for something to put over our rear window which faces the south while we are snowbirding in Florida. We usually have the interior night shade down but the heat builds up inside the window.

http://www.ezsnapdirect.com/products/rv-shades

http://carefreeofcolorado.com/products/sunshade.html