carry bicycles

brianlajoie

We bought a Surco ladder rack to hold our two mountain bikes. So far we've traveled about 6k miles with no issues. In addition to the rack attachment points, I use three straps, a bungee cord and a cable lock - the bikes have no room for movement or bouncing on the ladder. I check the bikes eack time I stop for gas or before we travel down the road. Best of luck with your research.

yport

We went with the folding bike option. They store easily in the front storage bay.

52mfz9.jpg

14t4ydg.jpg

X2 ... love them ... 6 speeds are all we ever need. Fold up easily and store in the basement, out of the weather and elements. Had regular bicycles on the ladder of a previous rig, and friend had a rear hitch set up. In both instances the rear of the RV takes some incredible bouncing around and we were both sorry with the results.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Heartland Trail Runner has the rear bumper bike rack, which is OK, but it is kind of a PITA to strap the bikes on, not to mention that it adds another three feet to the length of the trailer:

SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg

Now, in our old trailer, we put the bikes inside the trailer and leaned them up against one of the beds . . . they traveled perfectly there and didn't get dirty like they do on the rear bumper rack of our Trail Runner.