Cats!

Dave49

Sorry to hear about your Cat caused RV flood. Hoping insurance can make you whole on this.

So that you know, all Bighorns have a layer of "flex-foil" insulation in the underbelly area. No Bighorn is built with fiberglass insulation in the underbelly. That said, while you have your underbelly down, adding fiberglass or another type of insulation may be something you want to consider.

Again - best of luck with flood damage repairs.

Exactly what I was thinking as far as the insulation. Will be doing that for sure. Probably some rolled insulation which would be very easy to do and very effective.

Dave49

Update on what is being done. I have Blue Sky Insurance for fulltimers. The adjuster called, gave me his name, phone #, and a claim number. Told me to take it to the place of my choice give them the claim # and his phone number and we will take care of it. Liking this Blue Sky already.

So on the forum I see a lot of positives from all of you on RV Capitol service. I called them and they pointed out the possible problems I was looking at so when the adjuster showed up I knew a little more about what I was talking about. They said bring it by and they would get an estimate and the parts on order. At that time I will take it back to have it repaired. I also called Heartland itself and I told them that I was leaning towards taking it to RV Capitol and he said that was where they would have sent me. So I am pretty confident with what we are doing.

Dave

porthole

Retired
Duane...Nope, no vent under sink...got lucky I guess....

This is the valve I m referring too.
I have one under each sink, they allow air into the pipes. These valves have vents that can go bad and allow odors out,
1st is the kitchen, 2nd is the bathroom.

Attachments

• D70_3558.jpg
    D70_3558.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 47
  • D70_3559.jpg
    D70_3559.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 47

Dave49

I have an appt. at RV Capitol this morning. Will find out the total cost this "offender" will cost us. Already a 350 mile trip to get here so I sure hope these people do us a good job. Will let you all know when I can.

Dave

Dave49

Update on repairs. As has been said I went to RV Capitol to get our work done on the water damage. That was Aug. 6, 2012. I took the trailer to them 350 miles away and they got a list of repairs needed and then I took the unit back waiting for the insurance adjuster, RV Capitol to figure out what was going to happen. I could go into a lot of detail on this but will shorten it by stating it is still is not repaired! A month later after a lot of blaming back and forth as far as why things weren't moving any faster they just ordered the parts from Heartland for the repair. Heartland takes 7 to 10 days for parts normally so I would suspect it will be towards the end of this month before the repair happens. And thats with a lot of luck on our side with the way this issue has been handled. All in all I trust it will be resolved to my satisfaction but I can say this. Its a good thing I am not stuck somewhere I didn't want to be for this long. Makes you stop and think about my decision as far as where I took it and where the parts are coming from and the insurer, which in Big Sky for fulltimers.

I truly believe that its a communication problem as usual. One makes a call and gets an answering machine leaves a messege and they don't return it for days if at all. Which happened to me a lot. I can't put my finger on any one of them at being at fault, and I have done everything in my power to speed the process up making several calls to ins. and RV Capitol. I can only hope this gets resolved very soon as I have reservations down south, and they turn the water off in the park I am in around the 1st of Oct. And I sure as heck don't want to deal with cold weather.

Dave