Caulk the shower pan/walls at the bottom?

firstone

My shower pan on the inside where the wall overlaps at the bottom seems to have a bead of caulk that is really not connecting the two together. Should I re-caulk so the bottomof the shower wall is sealed and attackeh t the pan. Wasn't sure if theis is supposed to be sealed as oneor left open for the wall covering to breath.

Thanks.

ParkIt

Ours is one piece but overall but it doesn't need room to breathe that I know about, can't see why it would need to. Can you see a caulk bead that is separated?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I recaulked (with clear silicone) our wall/pan gap. Even though water doesn't seem to be able to get in there, I would rather know it can't. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If that's the neo-angle shower, definitely recaulk the perimeter of the base/glass wall. It's known to cause grief.

This was an issue for me when I purchased my 3595RE and my first camping trip was a disaster. My shower leaked and water came out from under the stairs, one of my outside speakers was blown, molding on the kitchen slide was not attached, the shower diverter was spraying water, and the black water valve was stuck open causing a terrible smell in the front bedroom. Took it back to where I purchased and everything was fixed. They caulked the shower and repaired the rest of the items. Went on first trip of year and no problems. Fingers crossed, no more issues.

danemayer

Hi skinsfan363,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for contributing to the discussion. Glad to hear your shakedown problems were quickly resolved.

ParkIt

It's not just duct tape you need to have with you at all times, caulk is probably second on the list. Anything that was caulked from factory is going to need to be checked often, its the nature of owning any type of land yacht.