Cell Phone Booster

BigGuy82

Interested in those of you who have used these in your travels and what the results were. Would be nice to have one that could mount in either the TV or the fiver. If it matters, I've got Sprint 4 LTE and the boss has Verizon.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have used the Wilson Sleek booster, I think they are now called WeBoost. They do add bars. (We have AT&T.) however, it's a cradle style for one device. And it gets pretty warm. Haven't used it in a while, but it is very mobile. I have a suction cup mount to hold the antenna to a window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have 4 different Wilson phone boosters. They all do work well, some better then others. My old 3G blue box works the best hands down.... But you can no longer buy that one because of some new federal (I think) regulations. Now the newer units can only put out half the power.
Definitely makes a big difference though.
Call them and tell them what you have and what you want to do. They will set you up with what you need.

Weboost is the actual manufacture company and customer support, but Wilson-amplifiers a seller and have better prices.

https://www.weboost.com/?utm_source...&utm_term=weBoost&utm_content=weBoost - Exact

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/

B

BouseBill

Hi Dick, this was my post from awhile back:

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52045-Cell-signal-booster-BH-3570RL?highlight=

We HAD Verizon at the time, during our winter stay in Arizona it was a must as Verizon sucked big time, and refused to improve the cell reception in our little town. A booster will only improve a signal so much, if you only get one bar without the booster then you may get two using the booster, three if you're real lucky.

Good luck:)

Sarge

We use a "Micro-Cell" booster with our AT&T service.

Current home has a composite roof only had one bar anywhere inside. Full bars after the EZ install. It relies on a wired connection to a modem (wireless) to boost the signal.

We set ours up and programmed in 6 phone numbers allowed to access it's boost...

Sarge

Oregon_Camper

We use a "Micro-Cell" booster with our AT&T service.

Current home has a composite roof only had one bar anywhere inside. Full bars after the EZ install. It relies on a wired connection to a modem (wireless) to boost the signal.

We set ours up and programmed in 6 phone numbers allowed to access it's boost...

Sarge

Micro-Cell requires internet service (typically hardwired) and the device is GPS taggged....meaning they are meant for a home. I was under the impression OP was trying to boost coverage while using their RV.

jbeletti

Only semi-related to this thread...

At our new home NE of Colorado Springs, out in unincorporated El Paso County, Verizon single is 1x in my neighborhood. Lots of dropped calls and low data signal. I called Verizon to see if they would give me a broadband Internet-based Cellular Extender. They told me I don't need it as our iPhone 6's have a "WiFi Calling" feature (Settings-Phone-WiFi Calling).

When that feature is on, so long as my phone's WiFi is connected to a broadband Internet service with decent bandwidth, my cellular calls can be routed to Verizon's network via the Internet. We just turned the feature on, on both phones yesterday, so time will tell whether it helps us - inside our home.

Of course, on the road, the feature is less useful unless you have access to a WiFi network that is well provisioned with Internet bandwidth. My fear is that we forget, leave the feature on and our phones connect to the WiFi we create in the coach with our own cellular router that uses Verizon. Then, I'm shifting my cellular voice calling from Verizon's cellular network directly, to their network via my data plan! I don't want to chew up my data allowance on cellular voice calls.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I recently purchased a Maximum Signal RV booster. Had a few problems with installation but the owner was very helpful and even over nighted me different antennas to get the best out of his product. It is the best cellular and data booster on the market at this time, and also they provide great customer service. They cost more but I believe you get what you pay for.

http://Maximumsignal.net

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

jbeletti

Howdy!

I recently purchased a Maximum Signal RV booster. Had a few problems with installation but the owner was very helpful and even over nighted me different antennas to get the best out of his product. It is the best cellular and data booster on the market at this time, and also they provide great customer service. They cost more but I believe you get what you pay for.

http://Maximumsignal.net

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

I met that guy at the Hershey show about 2 years ago when his new product was just coming to market. Happy to hear it's good stuff. May have to check into it myself. Thanks for the review!

dlw930

Only semi-related to this thread...

At our new home NE of Colorado Springs, out in unincorporated El Paso County, Verizon single is 1x in my neighborhood. Lots of dropped calls and low data signal. I called Verizon to see if they would give me a broadband Internet-based Cellular Extender. They told me I don't need it as our iPhone 6's have a "WiFi Calling" feature (Settings-Phone-WiFi Calling).

When that feature is on, so long as my phone's WiFi is connected to a broadband Internet service with decent bandwidth, my cellular calls can be routed to Verizon's network via the Internet. We just turned the feature on, on both phones yesterday, so time will tell whether it helps us - inside our home.

Of course, on the road, the feature is less useful unless you have access to a WiFi network that is well provisioned with Internet bandwidth. My fear is that we forget, leave the feature on and our phones connect to the WiFi we create in the coach with our own cellular router that uses Verizon. Then, I'm shifting my cellular voice calling from Verizon's cellular network directly, to their network via my data plan! I don't want to chew up my data allowance on cellular voice calls.

We just recently discovered the Verizon wifi calling feature while at Blue Mesa Ranch near Gunnison, CO where the cellular signal was 1x or nonexistent, but the park had a decent wifi signal. We're currently are 6 miles south of South Fork near, but not in, Fun Valley. Like Blue Mesa, we have only 1 bar on cellular signal, but our little park's wifi signal is good enough to use the wifi calling feature. The feature has always been included at no extra charge in my plan, just had to activate it on our iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk