Changing LED Floodlight Bulb

busted2341

I cannot for the life of me fighure out how to change the LED bulb on the D/S flood light on my Ashland. Does anyone know how to do this? I am surprised after 2 years it went out but a couple minutes of fllickering and poof...It's dead! Sorry about the picture but I have tried to change the picture in my file but I can't seem to rotate it here for download. It should be verticle so rotate the computer clockwise and that is what it looks like. lol

Attachments

• 20170704_105418.jpg
    20170704_105418.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

busted2341

No sir. I am going to post a pic of it. I cannot rotate the picture here for some reason. So rotate the computer 90 degrees clockwise and that is how the light is!

Attachments

• 20170704_105418.jpg
    20170704_105418.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 104

Lynn1130

That appears to be LED bar and if I were you I would call Heartland customer service with your VIN and see if they can direct you to the manufacturer and some instructions for removal.

busted2341

I contacted Heartland and it became a little complicated. What a system.....you would think Heartland would design something a little less complicated to change out a bulb!

Lynn1130

It might not hurt to list the steps here, if that is possible, so the next victim will know what to do. Glad they could help.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I contacted Heartland and it became a little complicated. What a system.....you would think Heartland would design something a little less complicated to change out a bulb!

Did you get answers? We have this same fixture over our door, and I have some of the LEDs are flickering. Heartland quoted $27 to send a new fixture (+tax and shipping.) if there's a way to replace the bulb only, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busted2341

I'm sorry I haven't changed the bulb out yet. Since it's 100+ degrees and I have been or I am lazy I will post when I do it, with pics. However I have been insired. Waiting for a little shade, then the try.

busted2341

Well we have taken a break from traveling and now the porch light no longer works. So braving 100 degree temps and decided to try and change this out, I don't know what engineer decided this was a good idea. I have posted some pics. I am not sure if the bulb is a whole unit or can be changed on its own. Wires go into the bulb itself it would appear. Lowes and Home depot do not have these and cannot recommend where to get these bulbs or units. Has anyone been successful in changing these? Do you have to cut the wires to change out the bulbs? I find it interesting that both bulbs died within 30 days of each other..

Attachments

• 20170704_105418.jpg
    20170704_105418.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20170902_104636.jpg
    20170902_104636.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 103
  • 20170902_104647.jpg
    20170902_104647.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170902_104701.jpg
    20170902_104701.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20170902_104705.jpg
    20170902_104705.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 89

richheck

Seasoned Member
Did the black cover snap off? If not how did you remove the cover?

Reason I ask is I have two on my 17 LM 365 that are fogging up and I will be replacing them soon. Just need to stay home long enough to have Heartland send me new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

busted2341

You will see a little opening on the bottom of the cover. I had to use a screw driver to pry it free because of the caulking across the top. At that point it just pops off. I really do not think the bulbs or light bar is bad. I bet if I cut the wires and put power to the bar they would light up. I am not sure why all of a sudden they would not be getting enough power tho!

Did the black cover snap off? If not how did you remove the cover?

Reason I ask is I have two on my 17 LM 365 that are fogging up and I will be replacing them soon. Just need to stay home long enough to have Heartland send me new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

richheck

Seasoned Member
You will see a little opening on the bottom of the cover. I had to use a screw driver to pry it free because of the caulking across the top. At that point it just pops off. I really do not think the bulbs or light bar is bad. I bet if I cut the wires and put power to the bar they would light up. I am not sure why all of a sudden they would not be getting enough power tho!

Frank

Thanks for the quick comeback, I plan on calling Heartland when I return home for replacements

Rich

TravelTiger

Frank

Thanks for the quick comeback, I plan on calling Heartland when I return home for replacements

Rich

Rich, in case you didn't see, Heartland quoted me $27 for the fixture, plus tax. To ship to Texas they estimated $24-30. We decided to replace the whole fixture with a different model (found on Amazon) with motion detection and an on-at-dusk, off-at-dawn feature. I'll take pictures as we do the replacement. Not sure when that might be, tho.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Rich, in case you didn't see, Heartland quoted me $27 for the fixture, plus tax. To ship to Texas they estimated $24-30. We decided to replace the whole fixture with a different model (found on Amazon) with motion detection and an on-at-dusk, off-at-dawn feature. I'll take pictures as we do the replacement. Not sure when that might be, tho.

Thanks Erika, hopefully they are still covered under warranty (2years on LM), will find out when I order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TravelTiger

Thanks Erika, hopefully they are still covered under warranty (2years on LM), will find out when I order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That would be awesome! Ours fogged and now flickers after being on a while, but of course did not do this until after the one year warranty was up on our BC. I thought it was a one-time deal after so particularly heavy rains. But even 3 months later it's still doing it so I looked into replacing... too expensive from Heartland, when alternatives had more features for less.

BobTheBuilder

My Bighorn is a 2011 and I planned to post this photo to ask what the switches were for.Switches.jpg I have a large round fixture on either side of the coach that have not worked (it is a recent purchase for me) so I am guessing they are both controlled with this switch and both probably have burned out light bulbs. Any additional feed back is appreciated before I get a ladder out. Also if there are any recommended longer life bulbs for those fixtures as well (the big round white ones).

danemayer

My Bighorn is a 2011 and I planned to post this photo to ask what the switches were for.View attachment 54382 I have a large round fixture on either side of the coach that have not worked (it is a recent purchase for me) so I am guessing they are both controlled with this switch and both probably have burned out light bulbs. Any additional feed back is appreciated before I get a ladder out. Also if there are any recommended longer life bulbs for those fixtures as well (the big round white ones).

The security, or scare lights are the large round fixtures on each side of the coach. The standard incandescent bulbs have a relatively short life, so you'll do a lot better with LEDs. You'll need LEDs with a high lumens rating, a matching type of bulb (bayonet or pin style), and size and form factor that casts light in the same way as the original bulb.

busted2341

If you don't mind send the link of what you bought on amazon..

- - - Updated - - -

I would just assume change out the whole light but because of the design and odd shape, I fear the paint scheme would not match and I certainly will not repaint that part of the coach. Why heartland would use a design like that still causes me pain!! But If I can find a light that covers all the paint that would show by changing the design, that might be an option.